User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v West Ham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    Fuck off Josh.
    Damn, found out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom line is that this team has no personality. No desire. Each player plays as if the outcome of each match is water off a ducks back. The older players are the worst but AMN who hasnt even nailed a fixed place played like a seasoned " I dont give a fk" veteran. Guen and Torr are the only 2 players today worth keeping, If I owned a team, everyone would be on less than 100kpw, with a 30kper game match win bonus, 5k for a draw and nothing for a loss. Including the manager
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe the players have tuned Emery out already. He's one of these coaches that players get sick of soon. If we look at his history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Or maybe the players have tuned Emery out already. He's one of these coaches that players get sick of soon. If we look at his history
    That's if they can even understand what he's saying, i must say i can't - it must be like being managed by Paul Lambert...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The Emery effect has well and truly worn off.

All the limitations we suspected were there are now on show for all to see. This team is in desperate need of an injection of quality, in about 5 or 6 positions of the pitch.

We won't be finishing 4th.
    Only watched the last 30 minutes and what I noticed was one team had a really good, serious and disciplined back 4- the commentators later echoed that.

How many times have we tried those high lines and how many times have they failed us? How many times have we tried putting 7-8 players behind the ball only for the other team to still score.

I missed their goal but wasn't surprised to see it came from a set piece with us having 8 men behind the ball with the manager's favourite, Xhaka , putting the ball in a dangerous area.

Yes, its debateable that we might not have the purse of Man City or any of our top 6 rivals but what does that have to do with constructing a good defence, managing your best players (Ozil) or making sure a player like Xhaka (who has done this over and over again) is not in a position to cost us the game?

West Ham constructed that back 4 we saw today with only £40m - we paid £41m for Mustafi alone.

Now they say we can only afford loans, yet even with that all I hear is Arsenal being linked with one attacking talent or the other.

The problem with this club is at least for over a decade now we have not and still do not have serious football people in our heirachy making decisions, both on and off the field

It's hard to be positive, as we never seem to be focusing on the right things, the right strategies or the right players.

Its been going downhill for quite a while and unfortunately it seems we are still firmly on that path.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

Yes, its debateable that we might not have the purse of Man City or any of our top 6 rivals but what does that have to do with constructing a good defence, managing your best players (Ozil) or making sure a player like Xhaka (who has done this over and over again) is not in a position to cost us the game?
    Yes, was going to mention Ozil, we need him playing to provide creativity, which he does when he plays, Emery's too busy trying to show him who's boss to realise he needs to be in the f**king team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes, was going to mention Ozil, we need him playing to provide creativity, which he does when he plays, Emery's too busy trying to show him who's boss to realise he needs to be in the f**king team
    Ozil can do one. Flimsy little fraud who turns up once every few matches. Take one look at his stats since he arrived and you’ll see he isn’t our creative genius at all. Sooner we see shot of him and a few others, the better. We’re performing exactly the same without him in the side as do with him in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The Emery effect has well and truly worn off.

All the limitations we suspected were there are now on show for all to see. This team is in desperate need of an injection of quality, in about 5 or 6 positions of the pitch.

We won't be finishing 4th.
    Aye, I personally think top 4 is gone too. We lack the quality and to a degree mentality to finish top 4 IMO. That battle will be between the Chavs and Manure.

I don’t think we will win Europa Cup either, something not right about this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil aint worth it im afraid. If only we could get rid and replace
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Ozil can do one. Flimsy little fraud who turns up once every few matches. Take one look at his stats since he arrived and you’ll see he isn’t our creative genius at all. Sooner we see shot of him and a few others, the better. We’re performing exactly the same without him in the side as do with him in it.
    The last time he played he helped create two goals, he links up well with laca and auba and we've not got better options - if we can't buy anyone we need to make the most of what we have, whether some people like it or not