User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v West Ham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    He forgets that he is a sportsman not a university lecturer.
    a bit harsh on lecturers - now universities are a business, what makes you think they don't have to turn up and give good lectures, mark papers, tutors students, produce results etc or be fired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    a bit harsh on lecturers - now universities are a business, what makes you think they don't have to turn up and give good lectures, mark papers, tutors students, produce results etc or be fired?
    Don't get me wrong mate, Lecturers are fundamental members of society. What i meant is that academics allows a great latitude of opinion. There aren't many lazy lecturers but plenty of eccentric ones

Only today. I was wishing that politicians could have their salaries pegged to the same as university lecturers. Fkn leeches!
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 14-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Ozil is that half a dozen managers have identified the same mental weakness in him but he himself doesnt see it. He thinks he is this eccentric, mercurial oddity that others should compensate for simply because he can occasionally produce that stand up and wow moment. He forgets that he is a sportsman not a university lecturer. Any top sportsman that can be bullied off the ball by mediocre players and will do absolutely nothing to get it back is a liability. Less than 2 months ago we was given the captains armband in another of his numerous comebacks and delivered another "I dont give a toss" performance. He is a liability to the team and to Emerys prospects on the job. Emery has concluded as I do that he would rather fail without him than with him.
    Ozil has already "retired" in his mind.
    This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier.

There is no point having a player in the team, on the bench or in the squad - just in case he might play 1 game in 4 and possibly, maybe, create a goal scoring opportunity.
    In Emery's defence on this subject, I can understand where he is coming from and his actions.

It's the rest of the squad and what is going on with them that I can't defend him too much for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong mate, Lecturers are fundamental members of society. What i meant is that academics allows a great latitude of opinion. There aren't many lazy lecturers but plenty of eccentric ones

Only today. I was wishing that politicians could have their salaries pegged to the same as university lecturers. Fkn leeches!
    no problem and agree with the bit about politicians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier.

There is no point having a player in the team, on the bench or in the squad - just in case he might play 1 game in 4 and possibly, maybe, create a goal scoring opportunity.
    In Emery's defence on this subject, I can understand where he is coming from and his actions.

It's the rest of the squad and what is going on with them that I can't defend him too much for.
    as Ian Wright said on MOTD, we need to play Ozil xconsistently at least for a few games to see if he can deliver more often.

In the Burnley game he helped create two goals and was the creative feed, ok not for the whole match but enough to make the crucial difference. And other times he was making himself available for the ball a lot but Xhaka wasn't putting his head up to spot him (in the same way he often doesn't spot Kola in space either)

Xhaka really is shit btw that header to cause the goal in the West ham match was non-league stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I listed the players I think we need to replace and it's between 6 and 8 players, if you disagree fine but I think all those positions need replacements
    I don't entirely disagree but I don't think they need immediate replacement before we see some improvement.
    If there's not much left to spend then I suggest you look at the owners, we are bringing in shitloads of money.
    Our net spend is actually quite high over the last few years, but nowhere near the likes of City and Utd

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36861511.html

And our wage bill, while high, is only 5th highest both in terms of average pay per player and overall:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...emier-13650048
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-guide-2016-17

Our wages are 47% of turnover, lower as a percentage than anyone bar Spurs and Man Utd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery is a jobber who can only really manage highly functional cloggers. Please get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't entirely disagree but I don't think they need immediate replacement before we see some improvement.
    If there's not much left to spend then I suggest you look at the owners, we are bringing in shitloads of money.
    Our net spend is actually quite high over the last few years, but nowhere near the likes of City and Utd

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36861511.html

And our wage bill, while high, is only 5th highest both in terms of average pay per player and overall:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...emier-13650048
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-guide-2016-17

Our wages are 47% of turnover, lower as a percentage than anyone bar Spurs and Man Utd.
    No we don't need to replace them all immediately but the sooner the better if we're going to get challenging again.

Our net spend is reasonable, in reality though we've waste a lot of money on the wrong players and also sold poorly and lost players for nothing who were worth a fair amount (Sanchez should have been worth 60-70 million).

Klopp has done amazingly though, he's brought in quality whilst selling really well, meaning their net spend in 18 million and yet there they are top of the league (and in the CL final last season - his 2nd season so Emery has got to get a move on), Spurs too have worked wonders, 50 million net spend and yet they are miles ahead of us overall.

Our setup has been terrible for years and we've done it again with Ramsey, lost out on 40-50 odd million and based on last summers' budget we could illafford to miss out on that kind of money, on top of that we have very few players in the squad who are worth anything of note, so unless we get lucky with some talented youngsters or cheap buys we're going to struggle without significant investment in the team from somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Emery is a jobber who can only really manage highly functional cloggers. Please get rid.
    yeah spot on - he's trying to bring the club down to his Europa-League level rather than bring himself up to (what should be) ours, i.e. title-winning

potentially very dangerous and unless we're proved wrong by the summer he should go

my worry is he suits the Kroenkes because he won't cause trouble and knows he doesn't have the clout to demand more cash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yeah spot on - he's trying to bring the club down to his Europa-League level rather than bring himself up to (what should be) ours, i.e. title-winning

potentially very dangerous and unless we're proved wrong by the summer he should go

my worry is he suits the Kroenkes because he won't cause trouble and knows he doesn't have the clout to demand more cash
    we haven't won the league in nearly 15 years!!! I am not sure we are a title winning club we are 4th - 6th place club so Emery does suit us. In terms of wages we are behind Chelsea, United, City and possibly Liverpool (not sure on that). In terms of spending we are behind Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool (although again they seem to make a ton of cash on players to re-invest). So we should be 5th.

the frustrating thing is the stadium move was supposed to push us to the next level. but again its the players who have done well out of the stadium move with the salaries we are paying.

and I agree with others here who have said the football seems to be reverting back to last season. I was enjoying the football, it was good to watch, we attacked and scored goals and committed stupid defensive errors but it was still enjoyable to watch. Now the scoring has stopped, and we are still comedic in defence.

Anyway Chelsea up next so that could spur us onto another unbeaten run or thinks could get a bit spicy already especially with United in the cup on the horizon.