User Tag List

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 4 Trophy Run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Hmmm...well there are essentially 4 teams....if you want to include the Spuds fighting for 2 spots.

If Chelsea win their game in hand we are down to 6th.

It's not going to be easy...we need to put a good set of wins together to give ourselves the best chance possible. United at home next week is MASSIVE, we have to win that, it's a must WIN.
    can't wait for that game, the atmosphere will be amazing - let's hope we get better refereeing this time
    Last edited by Mac76; 04-03-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One week we could be 6th, another we could be 4th. There's barely anything in it and I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what position we find ourselves in week by week at the moment.

I'd say United is a must not lose, rather than a must win. Still more than enough points to play for to get the job done. Beating them would give us a huge springboard though considering it is the last fixture we have against a top 6 side this season.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty important, the Wolves and Watford away games are still both quite challenging for us IMO - we need as many points as possible so we can afford to slip up in one of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Hmmm...well there are essentially 4 teams....if you want to include the Spuds fighting for 2 spots.

If Chelsea win their game in hand we are down to 6th.

It's not going to be easy...we need to put a good set of wins together to give ourselves the best chance possible. United at home next week is MASSIVE, we have to win that, it's a must WIN.
    The positions don't matter right now, as there are only a few points in it. The points gap is what has to be focussed on. A target of around 75 points will probably get 4th spot. Definitely not going to be easy, but it has to be remember Utd won't maintain this form forever. They just squeezed past Southampton, and dropped points at home to Burnley, so it can come from anywhere. I'd say next week is a must not lose, rather than a must win. Of course, we all want a win, but I don't think a draw is going to kill us either.

The bottom line is, there's no predicting it, as any of the the 4 below City and Pool can drop points in any game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    The positions don't matter right now, as there are only a few points in it. The points gap is what has to be focussed on. A target of around 75 points will probably get 4th spot. Definitely not going to be easy, but it has to be remember Utd won't maintain this form forever. They just squeezed past Southampton, and dropped points at home to Burnley, so it can come from anywhere. I'd say next week is a must not lose, rather than a must win. Of course, we all want a win, but I don't think a draw is going to kill us either.

The bottom line is, there's no predicting it, as any of the the 4 below City and Pool can drop points in any game.
    Aye, can't argue with that.

I do agree to an extent that next week is must not lose...however I think it's important we try and pick up maximum points in our remaining home games. We have some real tricky away games to tackle...ones where I think we will drop points...our home form will be crucial in the run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 points up on last season, 9 more goals and conceded 2 less.

Fourth spot has exactly the same at this point, 58 points. Third had 60 last season, now it’s 61.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    12 points up on last season, 9 more goals and conceded 2 less.

Fourth spot has exactly the same at this point, 58 points. Third had 60 last season, now it’s 61.
    All the challengers are still in Europe too. This could play a part depending on who progresses the furthest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. As much as I wish Utd and Spurs would FOAD, them having more games could help us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it. We have plenty of extras games to play ourselves, if we have designs of winning the EL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. But if we had those extra games and Spurs and Utd had a clear run then it would give them more of an edge.
    Better they have more games too - so long as they don't do anything silly and go and win the thing