User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 4 Trophy Run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel oddly OK about seeing Santi bossing it out in Spain. I mean I miss the little guy, of course, but we haven’t done badly out of it with Torreira and Guendouzi coming in, who are going to be far more long-term for us. Feels like everyone has done well out of it for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bossing it? Yeah he's had a few games where he rolled back the years but Villarreal are in a relegation battle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *bossing it in small snapshots (e.g. the one game here and there that I pay any attention to in Spain)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking on the brighter side, Chelsea also have 3 away games, against Liverpool, Utd and Leicester and I think they’ve only won one, or none of their away games since the turn of the year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of twists and turns in this yet.
    Our away form is of concern and will harm our chances but we're still in the race which, after last season, is all you can ask for right now.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think we will finish top four this season, but we can do without any more silly shit like yesterday!

It's such a shame as I actually think we threw the game away before it started. How many times have we said that though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santi would have ran that game at walking pace against Newcastle. That is as lost as I've seen our midfield this season that wasn't a developmental side in the Europa. He's pulled the strings, ran their midfield and been instrumental in good results against both Barca and Real this season.

Gomes was made to look like Pirlo against us. Pirlo with a foot it in at that. It is a bit of a wild notion but I also think with him we would have probably won that game against Chelsea at the season start and possibly even the Liverpool one at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would still prefer we won the Europa than finish top 4 anyways, but obviously hope we finish third and win the Europa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having read this, it seems there's a chance even fourth won't get a CL place, if English teams win this year's CL and EL - obviously if we win the EL that won't matter but if it's Chelski that could be bad news if we have only made fourth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Having read this, it seems there's a chance even fourth won't get a CL place, if English teams win this year's CL and EL - obviously if we win the EL that won't matter but if it's Chelski that could be bad news if we have only made fourth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720
    That's why the Europa should be the priority. Top 4 is a lottery, only takes an English side in the top 4 to win the CL or Chelsea to win the Europa and finish in the top 4 to deny us.