User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 4 Trophy Run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we'll get top 4, we don't have the quality, the defence is awful, the midfield is pretty average and persisting with players like Xhaka doesn't help that, I also think Emery is making some poor decisions at the moment.

Man U are flying and are leaps and bounds ahead of us, to think they were miles behind not so long ago and that they've now caught up pretty easily, Chelsea aren't that good but have Hazard and Higuain could give them the goals they are missing, on that basis I just can't see us getting top 4.

I realised our squad was average but didn't realise how average to be honest, on top of that we're losing Ramsey probably one of our best performers for free, significant investment required to be honest, but I'm not sure we'll get it.

Worrying times, we've just got to hope we can pub the Europa League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AST estimated we will get around £40m to spend this summer. Time to get smart in the market and start using the assets we have. With Bellerin out until later in the year, that would leave Laca as the only sellable option. Other than that, we’re set for the same again next sssosn, no matter who’s in charge. Hopefully the budget estimate is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    AST estimated we will get around £40m to spend this summer. Time to get smart in the market and start using the assets we have. With Bellerin out until later in the year, that would leave Laca as the only sellable option. Other than that, we’re set for the same again next sssosn, no matter who’s in charge. Hopefully the budget estimate is wrong.
    If that's all we get it's embarrassing and this club should be ashamed of itself and how it's run, a shining example of what not do for other clubs. Even the PL paupers spend more than 40 million.

Lacazette is probably the one player in this entire squad I'd most want to keep, he works hard, scores and is a threat, if we have to sell him we may as well give up.

What we really need to do is sell as many of Xhaka, Iwobi, Eleneny, Mustafi, Lichsteiner, Jenkinson, Mikhi, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Ozil as we can, then spend whatever we get on some young players and some quality and promote a few of the decent kids. We're already losing Ramsey and Welbeck so that should free up wages as well.

This whole club needs rebuilding from top to bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If that's all we get it's embarrassing and this club should be ashamed of itself and how it's run, a shining example of what not do for other clubs. Even the PL paupers spend more than 40 million.

Lacazette is probably the one player in this entire squad I'd most want to keep, he works hard, scores and is a threat, if we have to sell him we may as well give up.

What we really need to do is sell as many of Xhaka, Iwobi, Eleneny, Mustafi, Lichsteiner, Jenkinson, Mikhi, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Ozil as we can, then spend whatever we get on some young players and some quality and promote a few of the decent kids. We're already losing Ramsey and Welbeck so that should free up wages as well.

This whole club needs rebuilding from top to bottom.
    We’re not selling ten players in one window. That’s unrealistic. So our options are limited. Selling a key asset to reinvest is the best solution if our budget is small. And the likelihood is, it will be. I’d rather take a risk as Liverpool did with Coutinho, than just hang onto our best players with an average squad to support them. Young players aren’t going to bridge the gap between 5/6 top four. Only proven quality will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given what's been going on I don't see that that 40millin estimate should be too far of the mark. Good luck getting
    Us back in the top 4 with that Unai......if we don't get into the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re not selling ten players in one window. That’s unrealistic. So our options are limited. Selling a key asset to reinvest is the best solution if our budget is small. And the likelihood is, it will be. I’d rather take a risk as Liverpool did with Coutinho, than just hang onto our best players with an average squad to support them. Young players aren’t going to bridge the gap between 5/6 top four. Only proven quality will.
    We just sell as many as we can, they're not good enough so the sooner we gert rid the better, then we can use any money we have to rebuild, sticking to the same lot we're going nowhere.

As for Lacazette, it's not comparable to Liverpool, their squad was still good without him, ours is lousy we've barely got more than 3 decent players, on top of that they got loads for Coutinho, we'd be lucky to get 50-60 million for Lacazette, I just don't think that's a good thing, especially when Aubameyang is no spring chicken.

In our situation we're going to need to get a bit lucky now and stumble across some cheapish top quality players (maybe young ones) as we just don't have the assets to do a Liverpool, even are best players are worth half what Countinho went for, moreover Liverpool had a great attack even without Coutinho, they just needed to sort their defence, so they spent all the money on a defender and keeper, our attack minus Lacazette will be rubbish tbh (especially as Ramsey is gone), so not only will we be conceding left right and centre, we won't be scoring enough, we'll probably end up mid table or worse.

Seems to me Liverpool are better talent spotters as well, they seem to find gems all the time, just look at some of the players they have now and players they've sold for huge money in recent times, they seem able to spot quality at relatively low prices, we should have nabbed their scouts!

If we look at the whole setup at Arsenal objectively it's all pretty amateurish, we're way behind in so many areas, on top of that we're now entirely owned by a guy who is not in the least interested and isn't going to invest a penny, somehow we've stumbled across the only American owner who has zero interest in anything to do with football, doesn't invest, come to matches or indeed care, we're just a figure on a bit of paper for him (incidentally he's unpopular in the US as well where at least he does turn up for matches), I'm coming to the realisation that this club is as good as finished at the top level now he owns the club 100% unless someone makes him a massive offer he can't turn down, we're stuck on the wrong side of the fence looking in enviously.
    Last edited by Özim; 26-01-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that’s how you see it, better buckle up for more of the same for the foreseeable future then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Kroenke sells up, the level we’re at will stay our level in perpetuity.

Probably to the extent, we’ll regard the days of being CL cannon fodder as the good old days.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger