User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Top 4 Trophy Run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Stop panicking. They never win shit and it’s not going to start now.
    Fuck!! I beg to differ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent results confirm Arsenal in also rans in terms of players manager and owners. I do not see them rising again in our lifetimes!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until we get a new owner who actually cares about being successful we're not going to get anywhere to be honest (and I can't see him selling up in the near future - who's going to offer him that kind of money for a club like us now). We need some serious investment right now with the lack of quality in the squad and the number of players we need to replace, with barely a saleable asset we can't even raise money that way.

Mediocrity running through this club from top to bottom to be honest, Emery is OK but he's not top class, but of course we were never going to go for a top class manager because firstly we don't want to spend the money attracting them and secondly they would want funds to rebuild.

I can't see us challenging for major honours for the foreseeable future, Liverpool and Leicester and to a lesser extent Spurs have shown us it's not all about money, it's about having the right manager, who brings in the right players, something we always seem to ignore. We've been sliding down the table, at one point we were challenging, then we were a top 4 side (and sadly happy with that), now we've been outside the top 4 for a few years and are no longer a top 4 side.

Ever since we moved to the new stadium we've only been going one way, the fans have not reaped any of the benefits, those have all gone to the owners and shareholders and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Sad to see for a once really great club, Wenger/Kroenke and co have turned us from that to a business with only one real focus, finances.