Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    We're 5th!

Improvement.

Updated the OP also.
    It' strange but it seems all 3 teams have 6 difficult games to play.

Besides the traditional top 6 I added games away to Wolves, Leicester, Crystal P and Everton as difficult games.

Edit: Man U has 7
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 10-02-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea have got Spurs, Liverpool and Utd.

Utd have got Liverpool, Chelsea, City and us.

We’ve got Spurs and Utd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utd the favourites now, I’d say.
    Chelsea possibly an even bigger mess than us though so definitely a chance of 5th

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    It' strange but it seems all 3 teams have 6 difficult games to play.

Besides the traditional top 6 I added games away to Wolves, Leicester, Crystal P and Everton as difficult games.

Edit: Man U has 7
    Our Wolves match would be postponed should they win in the FA Cup this weekend.

Though the same is true for the Manchester derby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say Man ure are favourites right now because they have found a way of playing and are winning games convincingly (part from at Leicester where they hung on). They have hit form at the right time and a lot of their players are playing to their potential. However, we play them at our place and anything other than a win would be disastrous, we have to beat them. The away game to Spurs am writing off because we just don’t seem to click away to a big team.

Chelsea have hit rock bottom and unless they get a caretaker in soon, i can’t see them getting top 4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th place trophy

Progress

Emery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utd are a shoo-in for 4th. We have to hope that somehow we can find the means within us to take the Europa.

Honestly, how can we beat Utd at home or Spurs away with our diabolical defence. Mustafi, Kos, AMN, Kola, even Monreal are tragically poor. The loss of Holding and Sokratis has been calamitous for us.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 11-02-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Utd are a shoo-in for 4th. We have to hope that somehow we can find the means within us to take the Europa.

Honestly, how can we b eat Utd at home or Spurs away with out diabolical defence. Mustafi, Kos, AMN, Kola, even Monreal are tragically poor. The loss of Holding and Sokratis has been calamitous for us.
    don't agree about Kos or Monreal, but they do need a good partner beside them. otherwise it's a nightmare for them and they end up making mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defences work best as a unit as we all know. Mustafi alone could bring the Berlin wall crumbling down just by sneezing at it. I do believe that a proper defensive coach could drill these chaps into a semblance of reliability but all I see is collective panic with players stumbling all over each other, hacking wildly at balls and colliding with each other FFS. Id be shocked if we got a draw either against Utd or the Spuds. Realistically we need to win both games
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Defences work best as a unit as we all know. Mustafi alone could bring the Berlin wall crumbling down just by sneezing at it. I do believe that a proper defensive coach could drill these chaps into a semblance of reliability but all I see is collective panic with players stumbling all over each other, hacking wildly at balls and colliding with each other FFS. Id be shocked if we got a draw either against Utd or the Spuds. Realistically we need to win both games
    I do wonder what the hell they do in training.
    Let's leave aside whether they're good enough, you don't have to be a world class defender to know you shouldn't pass the ball to an opposition player 30 yards from goal as we did at least twice on Saturday.
    Luckily Huddersfield are awful and didn't punish us but some of the mistakes we make at the back would embarrass a pub team.