0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Done.

Well played

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United have the best squad and they are riding the crest of a wave so they are certainly favourites for 4th. Their fans will probably tell you they'd be very disappointed if they didn't go on and secure it now.

I think the Europa League is our best bet, hopefully we get lucky and draw some more farmers and then when it comes to playing someone of note, Emery's European pedigree can help us out.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 11-02-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Utd have peaked with their form a little early and fade off a bit as the weeks pass on. Likewise for us, hopefully we can find a decent run after a difficult Dec/Jan.

At the start of the season, most fans didn't expect us to hit top four. Being one point off with a 12 games to go is probably better than expected.

compared to this season

Last edited by SMatthews; 11-02-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think favourites now really means too much.

Man Utd have PSG, twice, Liverpool and Chelsea across various competitions before the match with us looms. That's a lot of high intensity games in a short period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are 5 points better off than last season and 4 points closer to the top 4, so it’s not all doom and gloom. However, my biggest issue is that we don’t currently play good winning football and are almost stumbling across the line in the matches we are winning. The West Ham, Brighton and Saints games where we dropped 7 points, we didn’t even threaten in the last 30 minutes and seemed to run out of ideas.

We need to find a way of breaking teams down better while being more solid defensively, Emery has his work cut out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    They also changed their full backs - but both were cheap. That’s 4 out of the back 5 that needed shipping out. It’s what we have to go through too.
    it was more a reference that £150m was spent on 2 players. Robertson I don't think was expensive, Alexander-Arnold came through youth academy and Gomes was a steal from Charlton. We would probably improve defensively just by not having Mustafi in the side although I do think we need a new left back. But Holding/Koscienly and Sokratis are decent defenders. The keeper seems ok too. We just keep getting injuries at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    it was more a reference that £150m was spent on 2 players. Robertson I don't think was expensive, Alexander-Arnold came through youth academy and Gomes was a steal from Charlton. We would probably improve defensively just by not having Mustafi in the side although I do think we need a new left back. But Holding/Koscienly and Sokratis are decent defenders. The keeper seems ok too. We just keep getting injuries at the back.
    Definitely agree. We need another alternative to Bellerin too. When he’s out the side (he was out over Xmas and that affected us badly) we lose a lot going forward. Mav/Sok/Holding and one more needed for the centre. Kos will probably go as he wanted at the end of last season - then he got injured.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated again.

It's on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much difference in terms of goals scored and conceded, but 8 points up on last year. Let’s keep it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utd at home is going to be key.
    After that it’s a pretty decent run in.