User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Arsenal v Man Ure, Friday 25 Jan, 19.55 UK time, BBC1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The injuries are getting ridiculous now, how often this season have we had to make early enforced substitutions in games. It's so disruptive.

Very one dimensional tonight, so much possession in their half but time and time again we slowed the play down and fucked up giving them the chance to counter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic defending, particularly for the second goal. It’s like time stood still. I was sat behind Lee from AFTV and I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack the amount he was ranting.

A horribly predictable game, have all of the play but get caught cold on the counter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game was very reminiscent of the old games against Man ure where they just defend deep and hit us in the counter.

We were so easy to defend against and so open through the middle, Pogba ran 50 yards right through the midfield without being challenged despite us having 3 CN midfielders on the pitch.

We are still inconsistant and error prone and Emery has his work cut out for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't hope to achieve anything being so easy to score against. It's ridiculous that even with 2 quality strikers up front we can't be sure of winning games because of how likely we are to be undermined by a flimsy backline.

The defending is worse than it ever was under Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery said he was happy with our work, seriously?

Again Emery has been shown up again, defending was horrendous, still he keeps playing AMN at full back despite the fact he just cannot play that position, he'd have been better offer playing Monreal there as at least he's full back. Xhaka there again despite basically being awful, he offers nothing to the team. Also Iwobi worked hard but he hs zero end product, I'm just not convinced he's good enough.

In the end this squad is very average and so we need some serious investment to bring in some quality, without that we'll get nowhere, clearly Man U are far superior to us, so 4th place is out of the question, EL is our only hope but even that is a tall order.

Emery has to take some blame as well though, for his poor decisions, you cannot be happy with the work after losing 3-1 at home, he needs to be a bit smarter IMO, recently he's been poor.
    Last edited by Özim; 26-01-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit i didn't watch it but not sure i want to get too worked up by this

I think most teams will struggle against Moan Ure now, given they always had the players and now Solsjaer's let them play in a way that brings the best out of them

And we can't afford a cup run anyway with our thin squad and the PL and EL to contend with

The worst thing is losing Kos and Socratis, though i think Socratis might not be out for too long from what Emery said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I admit i didn't watch it but not sure i want to get too worked up by this

I think most teams will struggle against Moan Ure now, given they always had the players and now Solsjaer's let them play in a way that brings the best out of them

And we can't afford a cup run anyway with our thin squad and the PL and EL to contend with

The worst thing is losing Kos and Socratis, though i think Socratis might not be out for too long from what Emery said
    I agree, but it's really emphasised the weakness of this squad.

We can forget about the PL to be honest, Man U will leapfrop us, no chance of top 4, we've just got to hope we get lucky in the EL realistically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually in a box for this game which was half full of plastic united fans..... like a lot of the ground I imagine. Possibly the most bittersweet experience of my life.

If I could have reached Lingaard throwing an oversized slice of cake I might have done.