User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Emery has to incorporate Ozil in the team, we just don't have other options if we want to win games, Iwobi is OK but lacks footballing intelligence, Guendouzi is young and is still learning, frankly our midfield creativity is in a shocking state right now and we need him in the team workrate or not.

Besides didn't think a lot of players worked hard enough today anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Worryingly, I agree with a lot of that.
    Wenger has clearly become “a problem” but I always felt that getting rid of him was no silver bullet. We have an owner concerned only with business and profit. So long as we do the bare minimum and the money keeps rolling in he’s happy.
    The clubs doing well have got good managers AND had owners prepared to spend big. The exception arguably being Spurs but even then it hasn’t translated into trophies for them.
    Until our owner sods off the manager can only make a limited difference.
    Wenger was not the only problem (although this is the squad he largely built and it's not good at all and he wasted an awful lot of money building it), we all know Kroenke was a big problem (though some preferred him over Usmanov), our only hope was to bring in a manager that can work miracles,in terms of setting out the team, tactics and motivation and also discovring gems in the transfer market.

Based on what I've seen I don't think Emery is that, he's a decent manager but I don't think he's elite level who can work miracles, we were never interested in the elite managers however.

I do think Emery has to take some responsibilty though, he could do better than he has, I mentioned the regular poor 1st halves for a lot of the season, he didn't seem to be able to identify and fix that quickly which was odd, he's also shown too much faith in certain players, also think he could have done better in Jan, defenders and a winger were a priority, not some CM who if we're honest hasn't done much in his career, prioritisng him over other signings we needed more was just odd.
    Last edited by Özim; 03-02-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's doing the best he possibly could be as far as I am concerned. Maybe we will finish 6th, I don't think so given our relative fixtures remaining but even if we do, we'll be a lot closer than we were last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wenger was not the only problem (although this is the squad he largely built and it's not good at all and he wasted an awful lot of money building it), we all know Kroenke was a big problem (though some preferred him over Usmanov), our only hope was to bring in a manager that can work miracles,in terms of setting out the team, tactics and motivation and also discovring gems in the transfer market.

Based on what I've seen I don't think Emery is that, he's a decent manager but I don't think he's elite level who can work miracles, we were never interested in the elite managers however.

I do think Emery has to take some responsibilty though, he could do better than he has, I mentioned the regular poor 1st halves for a lot of the season, he didn't seem to be able to identify and fix that quickly which was odd, he's also shown too much faith in certain players, also think he could have done better in Jan, defenders and a winger were a priority, not some CM who if we're honest hasn't done much in his career, prioritisng him over other signings we needed more was just odd.
    Agree with most of this, and got to say that watching shitsteiner today just made we wonder why the f**k we didn't do everything we could to get a decent RB, tbh that will be the biggest reason if we don't win the EL or make top 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing i thought Leno had a good game today, seems silly to say given the score but i thought he did his best and it could have been worse without it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Agree with most of this, and got to say that watching shitsteiner today just made we wonder why the f**k we didn't do everything we could to get a decent RB, tbh that will be the biggest reason if we don't win the EL or make top 4
    Lichsteiner is awful but then he's way past his best, honestly don't know why we signed him, he was never going to pan out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Lichsteiner is awful but then he's way past his best, honestly don't know why we signed him, he was never going to pan out.
    The point is, if Emery ever plays him again (and i mean ever) it's proof he's not a good judge of players - in fact it's proof he's not watching the game properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The point is, if Emery ever plays him again (and i mean ever) it's proof he's not a good judge of players - in fact it's proof he's not watching the game properly
    No it’s not. It’s a confirmation he has very limited options there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a poor decision by Emery, Jenkinson is limited but can at least run. Lichsteiner has looked off the pace everytime hes played for us, I don't know what Enery was expecting to happen. We basically played with 10 men today he was that poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He's doing the best he possibly could be as far as I am concerned. Maybe we will finish 6th, I don't think so given our relative fixtures remaining but even if we do, we'll be a lot closer than we were last season.
    Pretty much the same as last year at this point, with a couple of points more and closer to fourth. Given what’s at his disposal I’m not sure what else we can expect at this stage.