User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    It was a poor decision by Emery, Jenkinson is limited but can at least run. Lichsteiner has looked off the pace everytime hes played for us, I don't know what Enery was expecting to happen. We basically played with 10 men today he was that poor.
    It’s the same thing with Ozil - the less they play the more important they seem to become. There is nothing to choose between any of the four options at RB. They’re all pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    No it’s not. It’s a confirmation he has very limited options there.
    Unfortunately that's completely incorrect, if Emery was worried about right back (or indeed CB) he could have got someone on loan last month, he didn't and as he said he was happy with his options in defence, so it's got nothing to do with limited options, it's to do with him thinking Lichsteiner. is up to the job, it's clear to everyone else he isn't and shouldn't have been signed in the 1st place, he's also played AMN there when he can't play there.

IMO it's because he seems a bit slow to cotton onto things and doesn't spot the obvious.

Yet he was all too happy to sign a middle of the road player in a position we absolutely do not need at the moment. I'd say Emery is somehwhat misguided.

Problem with this club is they sign players based on cost rather than need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    IMO it's because he seems a bit slow to cotton onto things and doesn't spot the obvious.
    Luckily you're around to point them all out for us. Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Luckily you're around to point them all out for us. Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.
    Definitely a blessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think we'll end up 6th based on what I've seen, the defence as we know is poor and the midfield is average and although we have two very good strikers it's not enough.

Expected a defeat today so not surprised, but no shots in the 2nd half is pretty disappointing, you're not going to get any points if you don't get shots on goal.

I don't know what to make of Emery right now, he's come into a difficult situation of that there's no doubt, but on the other hand some of his team selections, tactics and signings are odd, as the season has gone on he's been less and less impressive and even in the first part of the season he couldn't get the team going in the 1st half in almost every game.

Yes he needs time, but he also has to show the fans some sort of direction and plan, right now it's pretty aimless and he seems short of ideas.
    You pretty much said it all.

We all accept he inherited a challenged squad but what exactly has he brought to the table 8 months and 2 transfer windows later?

Torreria and playing 2 upfront is all I can think of and IMO that is pretty mediocre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re pretty shit and I think some of Emery’s decisions have been questionable but he’s really working with scraps here. I don’t think we should come down on him like a ton of bricks just yet.

We probably only have 3 maybe 4 players that could get into the other teams in the top 6. We need huge investment but it’s just not going to happen.

The Europa League is where it’s at for us this season. Emery could really lay down a marker for himself and the future if we could somehow win that. I highly doubt we will but that’s got to be the target even more so than 4th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you all understand this brand of "work rate" football with very little creativity. This is Emery ball to a tee. We better get use to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rams lose the Super Bowl.

Kroenke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Rams lose the Super Bowl.

Kroenke.

#Karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected a defeat because we can't compete with the best teams in this league, we all know that and we all know that we are a level or two below them.

As Zim has stated, Emery makes some very dubious team selections and his tactics at times leave a lot to be desired.

I am prepared to give Emery time and so far he has done so great work mixed with questionable work.

I have a question though, who here trusts Emery to get it right assuming he is given some kind of backing to build "HIS" team / squad?

I question Emery has what it takes to take us to the next level if I am being brutally honest.