Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Granted it looked like the players had the same idea in the second half but I'm really not arsed about this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A slam dunk of a defeat, never stood a chance.

On we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did anyone expect, honestly ?

Arsenal are miles away from City, who I hope win the league, and are very very unlikely to make the top 4.

That's the way it is and if you expect more, you will only be disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be expected. Onto Huddersfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    To be expected. Onto Huddersfield.
    Yep! We might get a point out of that one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when we used to go into these games thinking we might get something?

Still, at least the BATE game has gone on General Sale . I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll end up 6th based on what I've seen, the defence as we know is poor and the midfield is average and although we have two very good strikers it's not enough.

Expected a defeat today so not surprised, but no shots in the 2nd half is pretty disappointing, you're not going to get any points if you don't get shots on goal.

I don't know what to make of Emery right now, he's come into a difficult situation of that there's no doubt, but on the other hand some of his team selections, tactics and signings are odd, as the season has gone on he's been less and less impressive and even in the first part of the season he couldn't get the team going in the 1st half in almost every game.

Yes he needs time, but he also has to show the fans some sort of direction and plan, right now it's pretty aimless and he seems short of ideas.
    Last edited by Özim; 03-02-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't disgrace ourselves like at Anfield but obviously the same result points wise. Thought Guendouzi was one of the better players in stark contrast to Lilo & Stitch at right back who moved like he needed putting down.

Emery needs to spend all his spare time analysing Chelsea as the entire season could come down to seeing them off in the Europa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guendouzi is decent and has potential, he's a better bet than Xhaka who should be sold IMO.

Agreed about the Europa, it's our only chance of getting into the CL, can Higuain play in that for them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think we'll end up based on what I've seen, the defence as we know is poor and the midfield is average and although we have two very good strikers it's not enough.

Expected a defeat today so not surprised, but no shots in the 2nd half is pretty disappointing, you're not going to get any points if you don't get shots on goal.

I don't know what to make of Emery right now, he's come into a difficult situation of that there's no doubt, but on the other hand some of his team selections, tactics and signings are odd, as the season has gone on he's been less and less impressive and even in the first part of the season he couldn't get the team going in the 1st half in almost every game.

Yes he needs time, but he also has to show the fans some sort of direction and plan, right now it's pretty aimless and he seems short of ideas.
    Worryingly, I agree with a lot of that.
    Wenger has clearly become “a problem” but I always felt that getting rid of him was no silver bullet. We have an owner concerned only with business and profit. So long as we do the bare minimum and the money keeps rolling in he’s happy.
    The clubs doing well have got good managers AND had owners prepared to spend big. The exception arguably being Spurs but even then it hasn’t translated into trophies for them.
    Until our owner sods off the manager can only make a limited difference.