User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'd agree with you but he's a full back and he can't defend, decent going forward but no good in defence, would rather get a proper winger to do that job as they'll no doubt be better than him at it.

We need full backs who can defend primarily, being good at attacking is secondary to that IMO, a winning team is built from the back forward.

We need to get a winger anyway so that should negate the need for him and his attacking ability.
    i think he can do a good job for us - he's one of the few who's always up for it and we need those in the team, plus one of our key attacking options. I agree his defending is lacking but we can't think that if we get one quality left-winger it's all good, we need to account for the sheer number of games plus injuries and i'd like to keep him as a backup / alternate left-winger tbh, plus he can do LB in a five-man defence IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i think he can do a good job for us - he's one of the few who's always up for it and we need those in the team, plus one of our key attacking options. I agree his defending is lacking but we can't think that if we get one quality left-winger it's all good, we need to account for the sheer number of games plus injuries and i'd like to keep him as a backup / alternate left-winger tbh, plus he can do LB in a five-man defence IMO
    If we need to raise funds them I'd be more than happy to sacrifice him over someone like Lacazette to be honest. There's reports we'll have 40 million to spend in the summer if we don't get into the CL (60 million if we do - how generous), if that's the case flog the ones I listed and bring in some new blood who can help us get back to the level we need to be.

To put it into perspective, Suarez would cost us almost half of our budget, I say send him back in the summer!

This is where Emerys careless mistakes may cost us in the end.
    Last edited by Özim; 05-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if he is really coached carefully and meticulously Kola could be world class.

Has the physicality to be solid defensively too......he just needs a disciplinarian to drill him on knowing where to stand defensively and the fitness coach to do doggies with him until he throws up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I think if he is really coached carefully and meticulously Kola could be world class.

Has the physicality to be solid defensively too......he just needs a disciplinarian to drill him on knowing where to stand defensively and the fitness coach to do doggies with him until he throws up.
    Even if you do believe that (I don't personally but that's neither here nor there), what's clear is that Emery isn't that guy, he's not made an ounce of difference to our defence which was terrible last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

Not sure he can improve that much. A good squad player. Either way, we saw how long it took Klopp to sort out the defence and that took £150m to sort out the spine.