User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goonersweb showing as 'not secure' in search engines

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks guys, I will have to play around with it a bit more and see what I can come up with.

It's really weird as I used to use my iphone for GW all the time and it kept me signed in up until last week (I think). I have never had any issues prior to that and posted mostly from my phone.

I've tried deleting my history and downloaded the google chrome app to see if that would help but they all won't let me sign in

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    This wouldn't have happened at The Big 4 Forum
    It wasn't secure enough to keep the journos from peeking in though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firefox from Ubuntu works just fine. I am not overly excited by the security angle. I have a 'soft-ish' password for this site that I don't use elsewhere so if it is hacked, it won't affect anywhere else. (I do the same with facebook and other similar sites - I am assuming that someone will hack the password files of these sites so I make sure the damage for these will be self-contained as the password is for that site only. - Oh, and I do not allow my browser to save passwords for convenience. I type them in fresh every time and clear cache each time I use the browser. Not as much of a hassle as it seems and a good way of reducing the chances of hackers getting stuff. Oh yeah - my date of birth I give when required is in the ball park of may age but is not correct. Again minimising what a hacker will get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one would believe your real DoB and that you can still use a computer anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just worked it out - I still develop software and wrote my first program in a building next to Holloway Road Tube Station in October 1970. (One day l'll get it to work).