Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goonersweb showing as 'not secure' in search engines

Hi Guys,

As per the title, I have already had issues that I have told Letters about whereby I cannot sign in on my iphone due to (I am guessing) is the same reason.

I have tried different internet engines Google chrome, Internet explorer, Safari and they all show Goonersweb as not secure.

I am currently signed in on my work PC using Google chrome and it is showing a red warning triangle with not secure next to it.

Any ideas as this can't be a good thing going forward?

cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did send you a PM about this. It's because we don't have an SSL certificate.
    So data is not encrypted between browser and server.
    Given that we aren't collecting personal data and this is a very small site I don't see this as a huge issue but if people are concerned we could look into that.
    It isn't free though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t have a problem posting this from my iPhone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wouldn't have happened at The Big 4 Forum
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use Firefox (just like any sensible person should) on an android phone - on which, incidentally, I have NOT signed into Google - and GW works fine

the only problem i have is that i still can't see the lineup image posted by MTG in every match thread...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a 'not secure' notification but the site works fine for me on Chrome on both my laptop and iPhone.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    This wouldn't have happened at The Big 4 Forum
    It wasn't secure enough to keep the journos from peeking in though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firefox from Ubuntu works just fine. I am not overly excited by the security angle. I have a 'soft-ish' password for this site that I don't use elsewhere so if it is hacked, it won't affect anywhere else. (I do the same with facebook and other similar sites - I am assuming that someone will hack the password files of these sites so I make sure the damage for these will be self-contained as the password is for that site only. - Oh, and I do not allow my browser to save passwords for convenience. I type them in fresh every time and clear cache each time I use the browser. Not as much of a hassle as it seems and a good way of reducing the chances of hackers getting stuff. Oh yeah - my date of birth I give when required is in the ball park of may age but is not correct. Again minimising what a hacker will get.