User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v BATE Borisov (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Wenger like performance at its best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    We have reached a new level of shitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lost to Ostersunds last year. At home.

It’s the same level of shitness on repeat.

This club has no redeeming features, it’s just rancid on and off the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about that Ostersunds result. Jesus.

We won this game comfortably last year with our second string. There was more than enough on that pitch tonight to win the game. They looked like they thought they could just turn up and win in their sleep.

Laca was incredibly stupid. Would that be 3 games he misses now? We’ll go through, but can’t afford another game like that if we want to get to the end of this comp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    A Wenger team will still manage a draw in this situation.

Please by the grace of all things good, just sack em all. The whole of the Spanish brigade. Darker times ahead with these clowns in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

When your manager decides that Kola and Niles(who has no business at RB) are gonna be your creative hubs. What do you expect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be Careful What You Wish For...™

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Not sure that's an entirely fair comparison. We lost having won the first away leg 3-0 so it was pretty much job done.
    Although I do remember we went 2-0 down before sorting ourselves out.
    Not good enough to lose that game but a bit of complacency was perhaps understandable.

Last night though...I don't even know if we will turn this around. We should do but...our defence. We are likely to concede a goal and that means we need 3.
    We really have bolloxed this right up and made the 2nd leg far trickier and more pressured than it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emerys reaction.

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "Next week we are going to play another 90 minutes and I am sure it is going to be different. Today the first half was a good performance for us, we had chances to score, sometimes last week our chances brought a goal and today they did not.
    "We worked. I am happy with the players as we worked and we tried. They struggled also defensively when they were 1-0 up - and they are organised and a competitive team.

"Our big chance, our big opportunity and challenge is next week. I trust in our players and I trust in our stadium and supporters."
    This isn't exactly going to endear him to fans, Bate hadn't played since December, it was a terrible performance with a lack of effort and desire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Be Careful What You Wish For...™
    I think people are happy Wenger left, make no mistake what we're seeing now is in no small part down to him, however there was always going to be the issue that always exists at this club, which is whether they ever do anything properly.

From the candidates we had in the running, none were truly outstanding elite managers based on their records, but that's what we wanted and we got it, at least Emery is better than Arteta.

The way I see it, Emery does need some time, I am a bit concerned by his errors right now, but then the squad is awful, next season however he won't be getting any byes, he needs get rid of the right players and bring some decent players in in the summer, if he doesn't manage that and sticks to rubbish like Mustafi, Xhaka, Mhiki etc he'll be in trouble.

If I had to rate our season so far under him it would be a 5 or 6 out of 10, one thing I'm not liking is his stubborness regarding the Ozil situation, managers that tend to get into disagreements with players like this have a tendency of failing because they choose pride/stubborness over the good of the team and that's never good, I'd understand it more if Ozil was a disruptive influence, but he's not that kind of player to be honest.