User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v BATE Borisov (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be spitting fire after that embarrassment.

I’d call for a managerial change, but this “Club” is a mess from top to bottom and all points in between.

If the owner doesn’t care, no one else will. Anybody who does care has only one option to maintain their sanity: to leave.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, that kind of display shouldn't be getting any kind of credit for trying hard etc.

Agree about the managerial change, you can't trust this club to do it properly, it'll just be another shot in the dark, we're still trying to replace Mislintat anyway.

As for the owner, yeah we know he doesn't care, Usmanov selling his shares to him was terrible news for us, he's not interested in football (not the one with the round ball anyway), we're just a business, a business which by all intents and purposes he's quite happy to leave to run itself and perhaps use to fund his other ventures in time.

It is what it is, hey ho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think people are happy Wenger left, make no mistake what we're seeing now is in no small part down to him
    Some of what we are seeing this season, sure. But last night? I call bullshit on that, that was pure Emery.
    And I call bullshit on us having an "awful" squad. They're basically all international players. Outside of the top 4 our squad is better than anyone in the PL.
    The players are plenty good enough to beat BATE. The accepted "wisdom" from people like you was that Wenger was so incompetent that anyone would do better.
    Well we've got anyone now. Wasn't quite as simple, was it?
    Emery IS better than Arteta and he won the Europa League 3 times so he's no mug but what was that shit last night? Or against Huddersfield where we scraped past the worst team in the league. You can't blame that on the squad Wenger left him.
    People like you were complaining that Wenger couldn't motivate them, that he stuck with players who weren't performing, that he played people out of position, that he was poor tactically, that he didn't care about the defence.
    These criticisms were actually valid, but while I do think Emery needs time I expected better than this - we've seen at Utd how a different manager can make a massive difference immediately by getting the best out of the players. I don't expect any manager to come in and have us challenging, the squad is nowhere near good enough for that. But scraping past Huddersfield? Losing to pub teams. What is this shit?
    There is so much fucking incompetence running throughout the club. We definitely needed to move on from Wenger but there are so many bigger problems.
    Right now all the positivity I felt at the start of the season is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Not sure that's an entirely fair comparison. We lost having won the first away leg 3-0 so it was pretty much job done.
    Although I do remember we went 2-0 down before sorting ourselves out.
    Not good enough to lose that game but a bit of complacency was perhaps understandable.

Last night though...I don't even know if we will turn this around. We should do but...our defence. We are likely to concede a goal and that means we need 3.
    We really have bolloxed this right up and made the 2nd leg far trickier and more pressured than it should be.
    Lets not debate over levels of shit, it's all shit regardless. In terms of complacency last night the players may have thought bollocks to this, we'll do them at home instead.

I'm sure we'll still go through but this squad is poor and the loser mentality that runs through this club is deep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Lets not debate over levels of shit.

Isn't that all we've got left to debate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of what we are seeing this season, sure. But last night? I call bullshit on that, that was pure Emery.
    And I call bullshit on us having an "awful" squad. They're basically all international players. Outside of the top 4 our squad is better than anyone in the PL.
    The players are plenty good enough to beat BATE. The accepted "wisdom" from people like you was that Wenger was so incompetent that anyone would do better.
    Emery IS better than Arteta and he won the Europa League 3 times so he's no mug but what was that shit last night? Or against Huddersfield where we scraped past the worst team in the league. You can't blame that on the squad Wenger left him.
    People like you were complaining that Wenger couldn't motivate them, that he stuck with players who weren't performing, that he played people out of position, that he was poor tactically, that he didn't care about the defence.
    These criticisms were actually valid, but while I do think Emery needs time I expected better than this - we've seen at Utd how a different manager can make a massive difference immediately by getting the best out of the players. I don't expect any manager to come in and have us challenging, the squad is nowhere near good enough for that. But scraping past Huddersfield? Losing to pub teams. What is this shit?
    There is so much fucking incompetence running throughout the club. We definitely needed to move on from Wenger but there are so many bigger problems.

Which is why we are 5th and one point off fourth. Better than we were last season at this point. If you expected better, but we have the fifth best squad, what were the expectations?

Take a look at Utd to see what happens during these transitions. And don't throw in Solskjaer, who has taken over a squad with more talent, and who are just pleased to have anyone in charge other than the miserable fucker who dragged them down to 9th place. He's had all of 11 games in charge. Remember we went on a 22 game unbeaten run too - Solskjaer offers no example of what can happen across a season. Utd finished 2nd then the Mourinho effect came in - as usual.

On our part, we have mostly the same players, under two different managers, and while there is some improvement, many of the same flaws still exist. Many said before the season started defence would be the biggest problem and unsurprisingly, that has turned out to be the case.

You said earlier in the thread that we didn't scrape past Huddersfield? Not sure why that's changed either.

We could've put out any side and beaten that team (see our team against them last season). They didn't need telling what to do against a pub team. It's as much their fault as it Emery's we were embarrassed last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    You said earlier in the thread that we didn't scrape past Huddersfield? Not sure why that's changed either.
    I said we weren't lucky. We weren't, but it wasn't convincing.
    You are making some sense, will reply more fully later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was cold, lack of effort, the players didn't fancy it, but these are largely Wenger players to be fair, he's the guy that bought them, brought them through etc it's no surprise they have no fight in them, this was always a problem with the Wenger players of recent times.

You may say it's BS, but the proof is in the pudding, other than Auba, Lacazette, Torreira and Guendouzi who is really that good? We barely have any assets we can sell off which says a lot, this squad is awful, the defence is terrible, the midfield is average, it's only up front we are any good in reality, it needs rebuilding alost completely, no easy job.

As for doing better, it was always accepted it would take time, you don't come in after someone who has been there 22 years and controlled everything and suddenly turn it all around, but also Emery got very little money, the owner doesn't want to put any in and Wenger spent large parts of it before he was released.

Results are poor at the moment and there are things he could definitely do better, I'm not entirely sold on him, as mentioned he's not an elite coach, IMO the club didn't want to fork out on one so we didn't get one, but I think he needs another season to see if he can do better, he does need to make some serious changes next summer though, if he doesn't people won't be so forgiving.

I don't think it's been a great season and I do feel we should have sold more last summer and not kept hold of the likes of Mustafi/Xhaka etc it was clear to anyone they weren't good enough, Emery wanted to give them a chance so that's on him, as mentioned he's handled the Ozil situation terribly though and Ramsey should have been sold last summer, whether that's him, the club or both I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said we weren't lucky. We weren't, but it wasn't convincing.
    You are making some sense, will reply more fully later.
    You said we never looked like dropping points, which sounds convincing. I didn't see the game for once, so can only go on what others say.

Will look out for your reply about the rest later.