Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
Yes of course they should be good enough to beat Bate, but a lot have got a critical flaw, lack of hunger/desire, these players have been around this environment where nothing is expected of them for years, they're been taught that it's OK not to be that bothered about losing, these aren't players who hate to lose, they're just not that bothered
There is something in that, but we have won 3 FA Cups in the last 6 years and while that trophy might not have the lustre it once did it's still a trophy worth winning.
These are players used to winning trophies and I don't believe that anyone gets to this level without being highly competitive.
And as I said above some of our players have come from successful teams and others have gone on to successful teams.
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them and even if Wenger did allow them to become a bit too comfortable being also-rans I don't believe it would take much to get them going again.

I've said for years this bunch are a lost cause, we need a big clearout, I know you don't accept that but it's the truth, there's probably about 8 or 9 that should leave or be sold.
If we're going to compete with City and Liverpool then yes, a lot of work needs to be done. But I don't believe that we need a big clearout to improve.
If Wenger was as bad as you claim then why can't a new manager get more out of them?
No-one gets rid of 9 players in a season, it would be stupid to - we don't have a sugar-daddy owner prepared to fund a huge spending-spree which would allow us to properly compete. Emery does need time to build a team and make this is own squad, but I am disappointed at how Wengery we've been looking recently.