User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Southampton (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I didn't give my ticket to my brother in the end but should have really been more than 2. A great weekend all in all and we don't get that many like it. Would have preferred if Liverpool beat United.

Didn't allow jack the lad Austin to get his trademark goal, which is always a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Glad I didn't give my ticket to my brother in the end but should have really been more than 2. A great weekend all in all and we don't get that many like it. Would have preferred if Liverpool beat United.

Didn't allow jack the lad Austin to get his trademark goal, which is always a good thing.
    We won and the Scum lost. Very happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen the highlights now. Amazing we didn't score more, equally amazing we didn't concede.
    This is what makes me think that top 4 is beyond us. We're not a bad side but you cannot defend like that against better teams and get away with it and even against poor teams if you keep giving them chances then they're going to score some goals and that means you're up against it to score more and win the game.
    Absolutely have to sort that out if we're going to push on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point as someome who used to play in defence/midfield (yes in spite of my height) and I have not often seen a so called defensive unit get pulled apart as much it's like they've never played along side each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overall for me this was what watching a good PL team against relegation strugglers should be

our guys could have scored more and until we ditch Xhaka and Mustafi we will always give teams chances, but quality showed and in the first half particularly there was some great football - little of which made the MOTD highlights i'm afraid as they spent way too much time on the Man U v Liverpool game (since when did a 0-0 draw head up MOTD?)

If we can play like that against Bournemouth for a good win and build some momentum, the game at Shite Hart Lane may not be the embarrassment i was fearing...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the game against our nomadic North London "friends" will be an embarrassment, but I'd be very surprised if we emerge with any points.
    Prove me wrong, boys, prove me wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When have Spurs ever embarrassed us? The only one I can remember is a league cup game a decade ago against our B team. We'll get at least a draw there I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re pretty useless away from home against the top sides. I think that 0-2 win at City in 14/15 was the last time we took 3 points.

Never know with Spurs though, there’s always a possibility the games could be mental. Realistically a draw is probably the best we can expect if we’re honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll lose tbh. Let's face it, they're better than us, they're at home and we're hopeless away against the top sides and they don't do drawing this season.
    I'd take a point right now if it was offered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    When have Spurs ever embarrassed us? The only one I can remember is a league cup game a decade ago against our B team. We'll get at least a draw there I think.
    Conceding 2 in injury time to draw 4-4. Werent we 2-0 at home once as well and lost 3-2. Although don't think they have embarrassed us during the pinnacle they are achieving in recent years.