User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Orbinho thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree - I have always thought our inability to take advantage when we have possession - getting the ball to the opposing box and then pissing it away - is the main cause of our lack of silver over the past few years. I know our defenders make howlers but so do defenders in other teams. What is frustrating is running with the ball, getting to the other box and then stopping and waiting for someone else. The players like Henry and Bergkamp would take on the defender and make an attempt rather than just dick around outside the box. Even if you don't score, there is a decent chance that in taking on the defender, you will get a free kick or pelanty if he brings you down. Worth a crack and even if it works only (say) one time in four, that would give us enough to win a lot of those games we drew or even lost by the odd one.

There is something wierd about the players not going for it. That is why players like Wilshire and Ramsey are what I like to see - they are the kind who are prepared to take the chance and take on defences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    You can't win a league with a poor attack no matter how good your defence is. And the reason why we have so many supporters is because of the teams attacking philosophy.
    I'm not saying ditch the attack, I'm saying the attack becomes more valuable and effective if the defence gets sorted. No attack, no matter how good, can be relied on to dig you out of every hole a bad defence can put you in. Ideally you want to be strong in both areas but an average attack won't hurt you as bad as an average defence, as we know only too well.

Mind you, we go into this season with neither so not worth worrying about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robinho