User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Rennes v Arsenal. 7th March. 17:55

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka could have easily been sent off in the last 2 games......so hope he cuts out the lazy fouls he's making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    My instinct is that in terms of getting CL football we've more chance of top 4

i know a lot of people think otherwise but i think there are better teams in the El tihis year than last year, and as our last two away results show we can't win away easily, so i think sooner or later we'll get done in the home tie as well.

Having said that we 'only' need to beat Rennes 2-0 to get through so hopefully we can turn this around - but it means he'll have to wheel out a very good side to make sure which then puts pressure on the selection for the following PL game.

We know the teams in the PL and we seem to be able to raise our game against the big teams, to the point where i'm reasonably optimistic that with a better set of officials, we've a good chance of beating Moan U

if we do it gives us s decent chance of top 4 if we can hold it together - if we get any kind of notable points lead over Moan U and Chelsea, then if i was Emery i'd definitely prioritise the PL over the EL
    I did think the EL would be our best shot but based on the knockouts so far I can't say that anymore with conviction. It's not a mountain we need to climb, more a steep hill but it's still work that could easily have been avoided had we applied ourselves correctly. This is why I wanted us to draw the best teams because our complacency knows no bounds, at least against the better sides you know we might raise our game.

Could be Emery's first taste of the boo boys if we don't turn it around next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Xhaka could have easily been sent off in the last 2 games......so hope he cuts out the lazy fouls he's making.
    i still want him out of the club - he's always got a suicide moment in every game, just like mustafi - we just can't afford it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I did think the EL would be our best shot but based on the knockouts so far I can't say that anymore with conviction. It's not a mountain we need to climb, more a steep hill but it's still work that could easily have been avoided had we applied ourselves correctly. This is why I wanted us to draw the best teams because our complacency knows no bounds, at least against the better sides you know we might raise our game.
    yes, good point, playing somone like Inter would have been such a bigger deal than Rennes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be Emery's first taste of the boo boys if we don't turn it around next week.
    I’m not totally convinced we will turn it around next week. We will definitely score but I’m not convinced we will keep a clean sheet especially as we are chasing the game.

It would be an absolute disgrace if we go out, totally unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes, good point, playing somone like Inter would have been such a bigger deal than Rennes
    We are more than capable of beating any of the teams left in the tournament. Napoli, Chelsea and Inter are amongst the contenders and in that order IMO.

Of those teams, Napoli are the only team who I believe we would have real difficulty beating over 2 legs or even a one-off. We can def beat Chelsea, though it could go either way, I think the same with Inter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s already had that when Laca has been substituted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    He’s already had that when Laca has been substituted
    OMG we've STILL got xmas hats on here - it's March ffs...

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we will do it tonight, we are certainly capable of turning it around - especially as we are not wearing the cursed kit ™

As long as we show up....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Arsenal fans will only show up on the away match threads and not the away ground too.