User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd (home, league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the kind of pen Spuds, Rooney, Ashley Young Stevie starfish and co have been getting regularly against us. Only surprise is that Jon Moss actually gave it.

Laca is the guy, He is 1 click away in his head from being a 25 goal a season forward for us. Needs to add that final ruthless focus, especially if he wants to get back in the French NT
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i do think it was a pel - if you see it from behind he does get a shove, which puts hiim off balance and that's a foul and in the penalty area it's a penalty
    Only Souness mentioned that Fred's right thigh made contact with Laca's left thigh which threw him off balance, but it was quickly ignored by the rest of the pundits.

Sick of the media horse shit tbh, anyone would think we stole two points off them without even turning up - we played fantastically yesterday and thoroughly deserved the win.

Fuck the lot of them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laca will be 28 at the end of this season, so if he isn’t that guy already, he never will be.

Has a better all round game than Auba, but doesn’t have the predatory instincts to score as many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Only Souness mentioned that Fred's right thigh made contact with Laca's left thigh which threw him off balance, but it was quickly ignored by the rest of the pundits.

Sick of the media horse shit tbh, anyone would think we stole two points off them without even turning up - we played fantastically yesterday and thoroughly deserved the win.

Fuck the lot of them!
    Nah - they beat us on XG, they’ve had loads of injuries and they’re below us in the table - they’re miles better than us. Ole’s a genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    No Souness is clearly wrong because as Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville said, Fred 'just grazed him...'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't actually seen a replay of it and was the opposite end when it happened......but just looked soft to me. Really thought Suarez was going to set up the third, but wasn't to be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Haven't actually seen a replay of it and was the opposite end when it happened......but just looked soft to me. Really thought Suarez was going to set up the third, but wasn't to be!
    https://streamable.com/gie7l
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Laca will be 28 at the end of this season, so if he isn’t that guy already, he never will be.

Has a better all round game than Auba, but doesn’t have the predatory instincts to score as many.
    I think he does have those instincts, maybe not as sharp as Auba's but he's still more than capable. The trouble is when they play together one of them invariably has to move out wide or drop deeper, because of their relative strengths it's Auba who gets the glory most of the time.

Auba is very much the play off the shoulder, right place at the right time kind of striker. Whereas Laca is physically stronger and better with the ball at his feet.

Both work really well though for what the team needs and their input is pretty much why we have a chance of qualifying for the CL. If there was one good thing Wenger did during his demise, it was to leave us with 2 quality strikers.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 11-03-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No Souness is clearly wrong because as Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville said, Fred 'just grazed him...'
    He leans into him from behind and pushes him. Yes, he goes down easily, but every other fucker does it to us, and it’s just called gamesmanship.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the way to the game on the tube I was thinking what if....... he just played Ramsey in midfield and Ozil behind the front two. Never thought he would ACTUALLY do it and thought it was probably too risky a thing to do in a game like this.

I've also been calling for 3412 pretty much all season. I don't think we are going to settle on any one formation (this season) and I wouldn't have opted for a 3412 yesterday on Mkhitaryan's form alone (I think he has been our best player since he came back from injury) but yesterday it worked to a tee in a time a lot of people have been complaining about the 3 at the back and tending to call it 'as 5 at the back'.

I also think it's interesting that against a team that has 'done us' far too many times over the years he played Ramsey a player often seen as ill disciplined in a position many seem to think he simply cannot play these days. I think Ramsey showed he absolutely can still play that position and I do find myself steadily and increasingly resenting the fact he will leave in time.

I know it was a good day all around for everyone but I have liked the little I've seen of Suarez too. I don't think he's worth breaking the bank for but his use of the ball and movement is subtlety effective. I get why Emery likes him to be honest.