User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    We should be able to presume we will always have a good record at home, which we usually do. Whenever we played those home games, we’d be expecting to win in most cases, so those points are already there. There’s advantages and disadvantages throughout the season when it comes to fixtures - a look at ours over this month is a case in point. Third would’ve been an even bigger bonus, but I’d take 4th without a problem.
    It is just irritating when we've seen so much good this season only to have it undermined by past failings that still appear to be lingering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re largely going in the right direction I think, that’s what we all wanted to see. It’s good to be back in this position at least. But as we’ve all said dozens of times, whether we get back into the CL or not, what happens with the squad over the summer is crucial to us continuing our momentum. Otherwise those old failings will continue to be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Xhaka’s back for the next game and Torreira will hopefully have his legs back as he hasn’t played in a month, not even during the international break. Guendozi has exceeded my expectations this season but he’s 19 and has played a lot, and it’s shown in the past couple of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Ozil trying to hit Emery with his jacket.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still think we are in the box seat for a top 4, because Spurs still have city to play and united have Chelsea and City to play I think. So we don't have to win all our games. However we are going to have to pick up some points from Watford, Wolves and Leicester and playing like that yesterday we aren't going to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between home and away form boils down to character and mentality. This team is too flaky for that. Hard to believe how we are even in the hunt for 4th really.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 08-04-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it’s the last remnant of Wenger that we can’t seem to truly shake off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully what Emery takes from it is that you can't be so cautious away from home if you want top four - Ian Wright spotted it as did I and others on here, that starting with Guendouzi and Elneny was a mistake - Ramsay should have started and he immediately made a difference when he came on, but by then Everton had our number and for once couldn't Ramsay quite save us

there may yet be salvation if Emery fields a more attacking side at Watford - i'm willing to bet even this far out that Deeney and co may not be looking to go in too hard with an FAC final appearance at stake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised Ramsey didn't start but Emery said he wasn't fit enough to. They were playing it safe because of his recent groin strain and given the amount of muscle injuries he's had over the years and the amount of games we have this month, it makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    I was surprised Ramsey didn't start but Emery said he wasn't fit enough to. They were playing it safe because of his recent groin strain and given the amount of muscle injuries he's had over the years and the amount of games we have this month, it makes sense.
    yes i just read the press conference so it's kind of fair enough - and there's no question we are missing Torreira atm and, however reluctantly, i must admit Xhaka also

let's just hope this was a blip but we really will have to up our game in a week's time

i thought AMN was really poor yesterday, a shame after the way he's generally improved - Mhki also - having said that everyone was below par

other than Leno, the only plus point was Ozil throwing his coat - good to see a bit of what passes for aggro from him
    Last edited by Mac76; 08-04-2019 at 10:19 AM.