User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Everton

We never got going and Everton just smothered us. Should have been 2 or 3 nil if they had kept some composure.

Sadly doing nothing to alleviate concerns that our away performances will cost us top 4. Gutted.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shite. On we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t expect much out of this game. Poor all round - especially Monreal and AMN who were consistently exposed.

Still, nothing’s changed, so we’re bang in the hunt for top 4.

Last season we got 47 points at home, 16 away (63).

This season it’s 44 so far at home (50 maximum) and 19 away so far from 15 games.

As much as our away form is lamented, it has improved from last season and is largely the reason we are where we are right now.

No doubt it has to get better to push on, but it’s been ok enough to get us here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some credit to Everton - a very energetic performance which if they’d taken their chances would’ve been a drubbing

We gave the ball away all over the park – for us, I think only Leno came out of it with any credit

We were so lacklustre for most of the match and I do question starting with Guendouzi and Elneny.

And now we have lost Sokratis for two games – I can’t see us getting anything from our away games at Watford, Wolves or Leicester on this performance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We never got going and Everton just smothered us. Should have been 2 or 3 nil if they had kept some composure.

Sadly doing nothing to alleviate concerns that our away performances will cost us top 4. Gutted.
    If anyone thinks this pile of shit is getting 4th, think again. That was like a Wenger defeat.
    Maitland-Niles Is he related to Gus Ceaser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Didn’t expect much out of this game. Poor all round - especially Monreal and AMN who were consistently exposed.

Still, nothing’s changed, so we’re bang in the hunt for top 4.

Last season we got 47 points at home, 16 away (63).

This season it’s 44 so far at home (50 maximum) and 19 away so far from 15 games.

As much as our away form is lamented, it has improved from last season and is largely the reason we are where we are right now.

No doubt it has to get better to push on, but it’s been ok enough to get us here.
    The way the fixtures have been fallen, it is arguable that having had more chances to accumulate points at home than our rivals have, is the reason why we are where we are.

I don't think we will be finishing 3rd when you compare our fixtures with Spurs' and the only reason I think we have a shot at 4th is because United and Chelsea still have to play each other on top of City and Liverpool, plus a couple of other banana skin type fixtures like we have remaining.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 07-04-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps but Chelsea and Man Utd can't both win when they play each other, Chelsea still have to go to Anfield too. It's a failing for us but it's not necessarily terminal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there's definitely an opening for us but we have to get our shit together, quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery visibly animated and annoyed at everything the whole game and I can see why. Utterly turgid performance. Guendouzi his ponderous, excessive touch taking inaccurate worst. Mhki should have started the game on the right and Iwobi should have come on at half time on the left.

Laca didn't play like a guy who recently said he wants third place and we barely troubled Pickford who has been prone to a clanger all season.

Mustafi needs to be fired out of a cannon. I never want to see him play for us again. Leno was virtually the only starter deserving of any real credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The way the fixtures have been fallen, it is arguable that having had more chances to accumulate points at home than our rivals have, is the reason why we are where we are.

I don't think we will be finishing 3rd when you compare our fixtures with Spurs' and the only reason I think we have a shot at 4th is because United and Chelsea still have to play each other on top of City and Liverpool, plus a couple of other banana skin type fixtures like we have remaining.
    We should be able to presume we will always have a good record at home, which we usually do. Whenever we played those home games, we’d be expecting to win in most cases, so those points are already there. There’s advantages and disadvantages throughout the season when it comes to fixtures - a look at ours over this month is a case in point. Third would’ve been an even bigger bonus, but I’d take 4th without a problem.