User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Reaction v Napoli (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think away from home we set up to cede possession and play on the counter. Our defence is not reliable enough for that tactic to work most of the time, so once we concede a goal then any plan we may have had goes out the window and you get that limp dick effort we saw at Everton.

We are always at our best taking the game to the opposition as we saw tonight. Emery needs to be positive and stop setting up conservatively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he’s still looking for the right balance and if anything lacks the personnel to find it. It was similar with Liverpool previously - fantastic going forward but could be a disaster at the back. Since rejigging their defence and midfield they’re not as devastating upfront, but are much more stable behind.

Interestingly, Ramsey has flourished as a CM under Emery, compared to the disaster he was there under Wenger. Far more disciplined. That said, I’m still not heartbroken he’s going. Picks up too many injuries and would rather we wipe the slate clean of Wenger’s core. But he’s doing himself proud by saying goodbye in the current form he’s in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic result. Go out there for a goal and then shut the game down I say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it may seem a small thing, but I think we look much better when we play a 3412 or close to it than a 3421.

Kola really tries to blast the ball across goal. I wish Emery would just say to him you don't always need to blast it. Pretend to blast it and then just roll it nice and easy to a red shirt sometime!

So glad we kept Mustafi away from it all today.....though he practically looked like Messi ball juggling on the pitch at half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Start with the same team away from home and get that away goal first.. that'll kill the tie.
    yes, definitely the right thing to do

great first-half performance - after the second went in i was thinking it could be 4-0 or so but we missed some chances and it was a little nervy near the end, if they'd scored i'd have said we were out, but as long as we get that away goal and defend sensibly (i.e. with Mustafi not on the pitch) we should have enough to do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes, definitely the right thing to do

great first-half performance - after the second went in i was thinking it could be 4-0 or so but we missed some chances and it was a little nervy near the end, if they'd scored i'd have said we were out, but as long as we get that away goal and defend sensibly (i.e. with Mustafi not on the pitch) we should have enough to do it
    i am sure its not coincidence that we keep clean sheets when mustafi doesn't play.

good performance. Arsenal v Chavs final.