User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Napoli (Away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Napoli (Away)

In my opinion that is the best 2 legs of a European tie we've played in years. Probably since the CL final run.

We played it to perfection and could even have won by more had we been clinical. That was one of the best teams this competition had to offer and we made them look like part-timers.

On we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly promising, and i still think this is a better hope than top four

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.

A professional performance strongly helped by a practically perfect starting lineup. I've always felt we defend best when we play from the top, 2 upfront was genius and though our strikers have had far better days, the nuisance value they caused a Napoli team already chasing the game was invaluable (even before Laca's goal).

However what I enjoyed most in the game was the defence's performance, all 5 defenders led the team through out both at the front and at the back. Besides Holding, I don't think anyone else deserves to get into that defence. The understanding of all 5, including Cech, was almost reminiscent of the good ol days of the 90's.

All 5 defenders, Torriera and Ramsey really stood up. Oh and Laca, poor touches ,poor passes, but great hold up play and a gem of a goal, is why he'll probably remain my favourite striker in the club.

A good night all around except for the injuries of course. Emery, take your bow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the highlights. Good result and solid performance. Napoli had a few good chances but it looked like they were restricted to very few clear ones.

Really not surprised about Rambo. That’s probably him for his Arsenal career. This is why when everyone rues him leaving I always bring up this point. Too many injuries have affected his time here. That’s why it’s hard to feel too down about yet another injury. We could’ve done with him for the run in but we done well enough without him earlier in the season.

Another victory and clean sheet away from home which is what we need with some tricky ones to come over the next month.

Valencia in the semi will be another awkward one, but they aren’t the Valencia of old and a way more winnable tie than Atletico last year.

Who was it again that said we’re going to get battered in Napoli?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realised Coquelin plays for Valencia - although he’s banned from the first leg.

Emery returns to his old club. First leg at ours so have to make it count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me

Nice and boring, just the way we wanted it.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust Emery will prepare us well for Valencia, he should know everything about them.

3 league games before that though, so we should know by then if we’re going to make top 4 or not.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koscielny is a very good defender when he has competency beside him.

He defends to the respective level of his centreback partner.

Valencia.

1980 and 2001.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much do you think Koulibaly would cost? We really should be taking Liverpools lead and spend whatever it takes to sign the best possible CB in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    How much do you think Koulibaly would cost? We really should be taking Liverpools lead and spend whatever it takes to sign the best possible CB in the summer.
    £70 to £100 million. Ain’t gonna happen. Liverpool had Coutinho money to spend. We don’t.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 19-04-2019 at 07:37 AM.