User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This is pretty much a continuation of the level Wenger had us fall to. Any improvements we think might made this season are marginal at best. It's the same shit, different toilet.

The squad is crap and needs at least 100m put into it before we can even think about getting to where we want to be. Emery needs to carry the can for this collapse though and if we don't win the Europa League he's rightly going to have a lot stick coming his way.

Sorry to break to you, this season is Emery's career in a nutshell.

He does not improve teams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season well and truly over already. Something is fundamentally wrong with this team.Even the way we ply is very unproductive. How can you ship 3 goals in 3 successive games. Who trains these fools?. Turned off to watch the F1 at ht. Best decision I made this weekend.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t believe how quickly the Wenger apologists are trying to rewrite history – it was his autonomous setup and rubbish backroom staff, lack of tactics and discipline that put the club into this state in the first place and let’s not forget it.

Three weeks ago we’d have said Emery had done well enough but these last couple of weeks have been awful.

Emery’s made three main mistakes which could have been avoided IMO:

1. Not spotting who was good and bad quickly enough – if he had he’d have shipped Mustafi and one or two others out in January and replaced them with loan plyers – def two CBs at least – we’d have been much better off now
    2. He was too cautious around Christmas – his defensive sides and tactics against sides we should be winning against definitely cost us points
    3. His rotation recently has been a big fail and the Palace game was the prime example – he’s supposed to be obsessed with watching football yet didn’t seem to know Palace were one of them most dangerous teams away in the PL, and to put in players like Jenkinson against Zaha is suicide

He’s clearly trusting in his record in the EL, and he’d better pull it off as this is getting embarrassing
    Last edited by Mac76; 29-04-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the Wenger apologists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, ok, maybe i was exagerrating but Letters and AFC were sort of moving in that direction.

the fact is Emery has a lot to do at this club but as i say above he has got some things wrong, although overall i don't see it as problems he can't fix with time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I can’t believe how quickly the Wenger apologists are trying to rewrite history – it was his autonomous setup and rubbish backroom staff, lack of tactics and discipline that put the club into this state in the first place and let’s not forget it.

Three weeks ago we’d have said Emery had done well enough but these last couple of weeks have been awful.

Emery’s made three main mistakes which could have been avoided IMO:

1. Not spotting who was good and bad quickly enough – if he had he’d have shipped Mustafi and one or two others out in January and replaced them with loan plyers – def two CBs at least – we’d have been much better off now
    2. He’d was too cautious around Christmas – his defensive sides and tactics against sides we should be wining against definite cost us points
    3. His rotation recently has been a big fail and the Palace game was the prime example – he’s supposed to be obsessed with watching football yet didn’t seem to know Palace were one of them most dangerous teams away in the PL, and to put in players like Jenkinson against Zaha is suicide

He’s clearly trusting in his record in the EL, and he’d better pull it off as this is getting embarrassing
    The honest truth is that we are all kind of correct, including Wengerites.

Arsenal has big serious PROBLEMS, on and off the pitch and in fact I'd say we are close to making decisions/indecisions that could see us drop out of the top 6 all together and join the likes of the Evertons and so for a considerable length of time.

But anyway focusing on Emery, IMHO even if we end up winning the EL and all our other games in the league, I would give him a below average score for the season. Has he delivered more than Wenger would have this season? Maybe. Is he what we need in this club to get us back to competing for the title? I'm almost certain the answer to that is NO.

You see just like AW, he hasn't solved any of our deep underlying issues, in fact theirs an argument to say he made some decisions that will make the team slightly worse in the not too distant future (i.e. revoking Ramsey's offer a good example).

But really the most important failing I have noticed about him is just like AW he does not know much about defending nor does he seem to recognise it is the one thing that any club that has ambitions of winning this league must be able to get 90% right. That IMO is the main reason we will never win the title with a manager with this kind of mindset no matter how much money is given to him as they would spend it stupidly ( like AW did chasing his dreams of tippy-tappy heaven).

So in short I think we should have our eye out for a better defensive manager and pray serious football people take control of this club before we slip into the abyss.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 28-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always said this squad is rubbish, full of average players with no hear and desire, Emery got peanuts last summer, consequently this is what you get, the previous manager built this terrible team, players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Mhikitaryan, Iwobi, Jenkinson the list goes on, you can't train players as poor as these.

Yes Emery has to take some blame, but he was never an elite coach and never got enough money to change this club. Only hope is the EL, I wasn't expecting much from this season so it's no great surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    ...in fact I'd say we are close to making decisions/indecisions that could see us drop out of the top 6 all together and join the likes of the Evertons and so for a considerable length of time.
    That will never happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until we get owners who care about Arsenal rather than money , we will continue to be also rans .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am all for the hate on Kroenke, but there definitely has to be some blame on the manager and coaches. I dont see how Arsenal football club can go away to Leicester city and play like we were playing Barcelona. We were not even close today.. it was a shocking performance. With the money we have and the coach we have, I certainly expect better. I can understand being behind the A-game when we play Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd but for us to not even have hope before games against Wolves and Leicester city speaks volumes as to how far we have fallen.

I dont see how Emery is going to turn this around.. his masterstroke January signing of Suarez gives me very little confidence. It is close to the Wenger signings of Bischoff and Kallstrom. I still wont go "Emery Out" till he gets another season but I am not holding my breath.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..