User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction v Brighton (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I think Auba shouldn't get himself into scoring positions as much......that way he wouldn't be criticised for some of the chances he misses that nobody else would be in the position to score in the first place..... and appease the likes of you.
    Poor you. Didnt get yr AMN fix yesterday. Dont worry. Still 1 more game to go
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was desperate for him to come on actually. Litchsteinwhateverhisnameis cutting the ball back every time and not beating his man was quickly tiresome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I was desperate for him to come on actually. Litchsteinwhateverhisnameis cutting the ball back every time and not beating his man was quickly tiresome.
    Litch should not have bothered trying to cross the ball. That way he couldnt be criticised for his lack of crossing ability by the likes of you
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    I don’t have a great deal of faith in Emery’s capacity to improve this team.

Then again, I have even less faith in the ownership’s willingness to appoint and subsequently provide adequate support to a new manager to arrest and turn around the clear and accelerating decline of this Club.
    I don’t have great faith in Emery either, he’s a decent enough coach but I don’t think he can take us to the next level. He very much feels like a “Europa League Winner / CL Spot Challenger” type coach. He is basically, he built his career on it.

Emery needs to deliver a Europa League win now after this disastrous end to season, nothing else is really acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I don’t have great faith in Emery either, he’s a decent enough coach but I don’t think he can take us to the next level. He very much feels like a “Europa League Winner / CL Spot Challenger” type coach. He is basically, he built his career on it.

Emery needs to deliver a Europa League win now after this disastrous end to season, nothing else is really acceptable.
    Agree with this, I never thought he was elite, a decent coach yes but not a guy who is going to have us winning league titles and CL trophies.

Has to be said he was left with a terrible squad and barely got any money to replace them, but having said that Emery has been slow to drop some of these guys, I wouldn't have had Xhaka or Mustafi within ten miles of the team, they're walking calamities always likely to cause a goal.

Lichsteiner though was an awful choice, never understood why we signed him in the 1st place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Agree with this, I never thought he was elite, a decent coach yes but not a guy who is going to have us winning league titles and CL trophies.

Has to be said he was left with a terrible squad and barely got any money to replace them, but having said that Emery has been slow to drop some of these guys, I wouldn't have had Xhaka or Mustafi within ten miles of the team, they're walking calamities always likely to cause a goal.

Lichsteiner though was an awful choice, never understood why we signed him in the 1st place.
    don't think any coach would be able to take us to league and CL winners. So hardly Emerys fault. the way we are structured and owned is stopping that. However, considering how prepared Emery was meant to be at interview, you would think he would have coached us to be better defensively or set us up to we can be more defensively secure. Which as we have 2 good strikers means we can play to be stronger at the back.

Lichsteiner was brought in for attitude which in the early days was raved about on here. Just now in hindsight he looks hopelessly out of his depth.