User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Valencia (away) - Baku bound!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Are you suggesting, Maccy, that Utd are a top club?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Auba and Laca our best striker partnership since Henry and Berg? Probably.
    Ah, what happened to the noise you've been making that his contribution is subpar (Laca) and his stats don't look good even as a second striker?

Or do you no longer believe our problems can be solved by flogging him off after repeating the drivel all season long?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We're not a charity, you play your best players and Leno is out best keeper, no other top club would play their 2nd keeper in a European final if their 1st choice is fit.
    This

Our being in the CL trumps any romantic last appearances for a goalie who had a laugh and a joke with his Bayern Munich mates after letting them put five past him at the Emirates

https://www.90min.com/posts/4686314-...yern-thrashing
    Last edited by Mac76; 10-05-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech deserves to play the final not out of charity but because he was one of the main reasons we got this far.

I mean you all are making Leno sound like some sort of Oliver Kahn, instead of recognising his inconsitencies is one of the reasons we have little to play for this Saturday. Choosing him to play the final over Cech would be ridiculous in so many ways especially seeing we are playing Chelsea a team Cech knows better than anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d play Seaman.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This

Our being in the CL trumps any romantic last appearances for a goalie who had a laugh and a joke with his Bayern Munich mates after letting them put five past him at the Emirates

https://www.90min.com/posts/4686314-...yern-thrashing
    Didn't you read what you posted. He was on the bench for the both matches and Osipna was the one in goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I’d play Seaman.
    I would too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Ah, what happened to the noise you've been making that his contribution is subpar (Laca) and his stats don't look good even as a second striker?

Or do you no longer believe our problems can be solved by flogging him off after repeating the drivel all season long?
    I don’t the see the problem here. I’m always open to have my mind changed as I want the best for every player that puts on the said. And yet, if a big offer came in during the summer for Laca I’d want us to have a serious think about it. I’m trying to take into consideration how little may be available to spend during the summer.The big question then is does all of it go back to reinvest? Who knows, but it’s an option. And it’s also not the only option. I’d like Laca to stay as he’s a very good player, but I’m also open to using one of our assets (Bellerin is another who would get big money but hes injured throughout the summer). If it could help us push on, ala Coutinho, who everyone thought would be a huge problem for Liverpool to solve. We won’t get Coutinho money but we’d still get a huge fee. You can boil my point down to say I believe we solve all our problems by flogging Laca, but that’s not what I’ve been saying. Great, we win the EL, get into the CL and have a better pot to piss in during the transfer window. But if not, we need to make the best of all our options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean you all are making Leno sound like some sort of Oliver Kahn, instead of recognising his inconsitencies is one of the reasons we have little to play for this Saturday. Choosing him to play the final over Cech would be ridiculous in so many ways especially seeing we are playing Chelsea a team Cech knows better than anyone.
    This is the key thing. Cech was part of the team that got us there, he deserves his place.
    If there was a big gulf in class between him and Leno then I’d agree we should play Leno but there really isn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you read what you posted. He was on the bench for the both matches and Osipna was the one in goal.
    Not properly no

I'd forgotten that he didn't play, even though i was at the home leg

But still it's not the thing to do is it?