User Tag List

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Final, Chelsea v Arsenal, 20:00 BST (29/05, BT Sport 2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from UEFA making a complete balls up of the whole thing, Micki is a big miss given our other options.

Outside of Auba or Laca he’s out top scorer with 6 and 4 assists. Not the best figures but better than anyone else we have aside from our strikers. I’d have more faith in him than Iwobi and Ozil, based on what they’ve produced this season.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Barring injury, it’s safe to assume Cech is going to start.

But he’s the least of our worries with both Ramsey out and no option to use Micki from the bench if needed.

It definitely means starting Ozil and hoping he turns up for a big game. Iwobi will also prob have to start.

It’s good news that Welbz may make the bench, as we have no other attacking experience to use as back-up.

The only other option is Emery changing the formation, which I wouldn’t expect, but he could do it with so few attacking options.
    Honestly, I would prefer Nketiah gets the nod ahead of Welbeck for this game.

Firstly he's been released by the club which means he isn't needed so to bring him into the team is daft and secindly, he hasn't played a competitive game for about a year so throwing him into this and hoping for stellar performance is naive at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are the underdogs, but I think we will be ok.

We can't keep shitting out in in Europe and I think this will be the year it goes in our favour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t believe we’re underdogs and if we are it’s marginal.

Our recent record against them is not bad so I don’t believe the team has anything to fear. They may have finished third but the top 4 race was a lottery and they just so happened to be the least shit over the last few games.

We’ve had a harder run to get here as well and we have the better manager, in this competition at least. Plus we have the added motivation of needing to win, could be similar to the 2017 cup final when Chelsea had possibly zoned out after winning the league and we played like our lives depended on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Honestly, I would prefer Nketiah gets the nod ahead of Welbeck for this game.

Firstly he's been released by the club which means he isn't needed so to bring him into the team is daft and secindly, he hasn't played a competitive game for about a year so throwing him into this and hoping for stellar performance is naive at best.
    Nketiah is not ready for this level, the kid needs to go out on loan. Whether Welbz is leaving or not doesn’t matter. It’s the same with Cech, they are professionals who will do whatever they can.

You can bring 12 subs to the final and bring on a fourth player if we go into extra time. It would be silly not to use Welbz if all we have is some wet behind the ears kid to rely on to save us.

Who will our subs include? Elneny? Guendouzi? Zero goals there. Nketiah has scored one goal this season. Welbz has to be a priority given those options.

And we’re defintiely not underdogs.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 23-05-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Plus we have the added motivation of needing to win, could be similar to the 2017 cup final when Chelsea had possibly zoned out after winning the league and we played like our lives depended on it.
    We were definitely the underdogs that day, I didn't think we had much chance.
    This time I fancy us. Possibly slight underdogs but as you say there's not much in it.

Come on, boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nketiah is not ready for this level, the kid needs to go out on loan. Whether Welbz is leaving or not doesn’t matter. It’s the same with Cech, they are professionals who will do whatever they can.

You can bring 12 subs to the final and bring on a fourth player if we go into extra time. It would be silly not to use Welbz if all we have is some wet behind the ears kid to rely on to save us.

Who will our subs include? Elneny? Guendouzi? Zero goals there. Nketiah has scored one goal this season. Welbz has to be a priority given those options.

And we’re defintiely not underdogs.
    Nketiah doesnt get to play very often but he certainly doesn't come across as a wet behind the ears kid.

Welbeck has scored 1 goal as well so that's hardly a good comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t believe we’re underdogs and if we are it’s marginal.

Our recent record against them is not bad so I don’t believe the team has anything to fear. They may have finished third but the top 4 race was a lottery and they just so happened to be the least shit over the last few games.

We’ve had a harder run to get here as well and we have the better manager, in this competition at least. Plus we have the added motivation of needing to win, could be similar to the 2017 cup final when Chelsea had possibly zoned out after winning the league and we played like our lives depended on it.
    I meant underdogs in the media's eyes, we always are.

We are better than Chavski, definitely.
    I also think we have a huge desire to win and it will show in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Nketiah doesnt get to play very often but he certainly doesn't come across as a wet behind the ears kid.

Welbeck has scored 1 goal as well so that's hardly a good comparison.
    By the fact he's a kid who's hardly played any first team football in his life he's wet behind the ears. He can't be relied on to create or score a goal if needed. Nor should he be at that age.

Welbz is a long shot but his experience counts for a lot, if we need a goal, fresh legs or some pace, he can give us that from the bench for the last 20-30 minutes. He managed to score 5 goals before he was out injured (which is still one of our best scorers outside of the strikers).

Especially given the other options we have available - which are pretty much zero after UEFA fucked us over Micki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the fact he's a kid who's hardly played any first team football in his life he's wet behind the ears. He can't be relied on to create or score a goal if needed. Nor should he be at that age.

Welbz is a long shot but his experience counts for a lot, if we need a goal, fresh legs or some pace, he can give us that from the bench for the last 20-30 minutes. He managed to score 5 goals before he was out injured (which is still one of our best scorers outside of the strikers).

Especially given the other options we have available - which are pretty much zero after UEFA fucked us over Micki.
    Nketiah scored 2 goals in the FA cup when he came on, 2 goals that sent us through. He was plenty composed then, who's to say he couldn't do that again