User Tag List

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Final, Chelsea v Arsenal, 20:00 BST (29/05, BT Sport 2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What the hell is a Purple member?!
    Oh. It's for ILT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Im sure Cech will be completely professional in his final game for us. He will do his utmost. Nevertheless, Leno is the better keeper. Understandably we have no choice but to play Cech
    are you being ironic or serious?

either way, as far as i'm concerned we have every choice and Emery should focus on getting the job done rather than sentimentality, and pick our best keeper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gaah! This conversation is going round and round circles.
    If there was a huge gulf in class between Leno and Cech then, of course, play Leno. But there really isn't.
    Cech got us there, or was part of the team who got there at least. He's earned his place in the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no debate. Clearly Cech has to play. You don't manage a group of people by removing one of the most experienced and respected in that group at the last minute. That - rather than replacing him with Leno - would be very poor management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when you give different keepers different roles. ie either cup or league roles. If we had been swapping them at intervals in both competitions, we would have had no compulsions in playing Leno in the final. Cech could easily have played in the league against some of the lighter weights especially at home. Anyways. It is what it is meaning Cech will have to play.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea why you would not play your best keeper in a final, it's been done many times before where the 2nd keeper plays the earlier round and the best keeper comes in for the final.

Cech only played because Leno was playing most of the other games in the league, it was the other way round at the beginning of the season, there's no room for sentimentality if you want to succeed, you just pick your best 11 for the final and Leno is number 1 keeper end of.

If we play and end up losing because of a Cech howler (he's not been averse to them this season) we'll regret this decision, not worth the risk IMO, Cechs kicking is poor and he's getting on and isn't the keeper he once was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early season I might have agreed with you but recently Cech has been fine.
    I'm not worried about him playing in the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me either.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think you play your best team and Leno has proven over the season to be the best, why risk playing someone not as good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I just think you play your best team and Leno has proven over the season to be the best, why risk playing someone not as good.
    Because he's earned his place. Again, if there was a big gulf in class between Leno and Cech then there would be a strong case for playing Leno but there isn't. Both have made mistakes this season.
    I don't regard Cech as a liability. I reckon he's earned his place in the final.