User Tag List

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Final, Chelsea v Arsenal, 20:00 BST (29/05, BT Sport 2)

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He’s scored some pretty important goals for us.
    Never first choice but a decent option to have on the bench
    Which is why he has been released by the club..........hmm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not superstar but he's not "shit" either.
    Actually think he's a pretty skillfull player but not a great finisher which admittedly is not a good trait for a striker!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do we expect the starting 11 will be on Wednesday? Will Emery go for a back 5? I think us missing Rambo and Miki will make things difficult for him in terms of the tactical approach. Last time we beat Chelsea, Ramsay played really well and did a good job on Jorginho. We played them off the park that day and the back 4 were excellent (Kos was MOTM).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    What do we expect the starting 11 will be on Wednesday? Will Emery go for a back 5? I think us missing Rambo and Miki will make things difficult for him in terms of the tactical approach. Last time we beat Chelsea, Ramsay played really well and did a good job on Jorginho. We played them off the park that day and the back 4 were excellent (Kos was MOTM).
    We don’t have many options so the side pretty much picks itself - although he may go to a back 5 and drop Ozil which is no bad thing, as its hard to rely on him in any big game. The bench will be desparate, which makes it all the more important we have someone like Wellbeck to use if needed.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually think he's a pretty skillfull player but not a great finisher which admittedly is not a good trait for a striker!
    No, I do agree with you that he has his moments, but as a striker he is no good and my main concern is that he hasn't played all season, so classing him as a good option to have off the bench is stretching things a bit imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    No, I do agree with you that he has his moments, but as a striker he is no good and my main concern is that he hasn't played all season, so classing him as a good option to have off the bench is stretching things a bit imo.
    Totally agree, if he wasn't rubbish he'd have delivered in his career, its not like he's not had long enough or enough chances, he's played for two of the biggest clubs in England and both times he's shown no signs of improvement and hasn't performed.

Wish we'd never wasted money on him. Compare him to proper strikers we've at last got in Auba and Laca who can hit the back of the net and do things you need strikers to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it yourself he's not a great finisher, which is an important trait for a striker, in my opinion the most important.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zim
    Why are you completely unable to see in anything other than black and white?
    In your world players/managers are always brilliant or they're terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zim
    Why are you completely unable to see in anything other than black and white?
    In your world players/managers are always brilliant or they're terrible.
    No that's not the case, but strikers have to be able to finish, that's the primry skill requirement for a striker, one that doesn't may as well be a midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think anyone is arguing that Welbeck isn't a poor striker, he clearly is. Only reason I've ever been in favour of using him is because of his work rate. With Laca and Auba on the pitch we don't need to rely on him for goals anyway.

We can name 12 subs and we already know without Ramsey and Mkhi it will probably read like a who's who of crap. So our options are almost non-existent.