User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup England & Wales 2019 (30/05 - 14/07)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well it was six so there
    Fair enough, i'll let the cricketing authorities know there's a misprint in the rulebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Fair enough, i'll let the cricketing authorities know there's a misprint in the rulebook
    And I'm sure they will amend it accordingly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England are clearly the best one day team in the world.

Just like all teams at the top, you get the rub.

Utd did it for years.

Why is it a great match/day is being spoiled by fuckwits. Just shut up and deal with it.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Fair play to the NZ lads for the sportsmanship too...
    In most other sports the players show up footballers for the pricks they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    England are clearly the best one day team in the world.

Just like all teams at the top, you get the rub.

Utd did it for years.

Why is it a great match/day is being spoiled by fuckwits. Just shut up and deal with it.
    And of course you'd be saying exactly the same about New Zealand if it was the other way round...

If something's wrong, it's wrong - it doesn't metter who profits from it or who doesn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    In most other sports the players show up footballers for the pricks they are.
    There’s plenty of gamesmanship and cheating that goes on in every other sport - it just isn’t under the same intense spotlight as football.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    There’s plenty of gamesmanship and cheating that goes on in every other sport - it just isn’t under the same intense spotlight as football.
    No, there really isn't.
    I've seen snooker players call fouls against themselves. Tennis players generally seem to be decent and honest.
    I'm not saying football is the only sport where cheating goes on but it's one of the worst.
    Players diving around, kicking the ball out then demanding a corner. You don't get that sort of shit so endemic in most other sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is with other sports contentious rulings are few and far between mainly because compared to football not much is open to interpretation thanks to the advanced use of technology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No, there really isn't.
    I've seen snooker players call fouls against themselves. Tennis players generally seem to be decent and honest.
    I'm not saying football is the only sport where cheating goes on but it's one of the worst.
    Players diving around, kicking the ball out then demanding a corner. You don't get that sort of shit so endemic in most other sports.
    Not having that at all. As MO says above, if laws were more open to individual interpretation it would be just as rife elsewhere. Sports people in every game push the limits as much as possible to gain an advantage. Even in tennis it goes on, whether it’s taking strategic toilet breaks, calling for an unneeded on court medical, taking an age to serve, using Hawkeye to break up and slow down play if needed - it’s nonsense to think players in every top level sport aren’t looking to make gains in every way possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The thing is with other sports contentious rulings are few and far between mainly because compared to football not much is open to interpretation thanks to the advanced use of technology.
    It's more than that. There is just a different culture in different sports.
    Long before technology game into Rugby there was a completely different attitude towards referees in that sport.

Sports people in every game push the limits as much as possible to gain an advantage
    Why would a snooker player call a foul against himself then? That's literally doing something which advantages your opponent.
    Federer does something similar here, saying "that was very close" when he could tell the fault may have been called wrongly:

In football players literally kick the ball out and then appeal for a throw in.
    I literally don't understand how you can't see a different in attitude in the sports.