User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Final Autopsy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even I didn't think this team could stoop to such low levels. Last night and the end of season has been nothing short of a "Car Crash".

I honestly don't know what else to say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Even I didn't think this team could stoop to such low levels.
    Really? Have you not been watching over the last few years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst part of this defeat or about following Arsenal these days for me is the fact that I just dont care..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't go as far as not caring tis just that knowing there is nothing we can do about we have to reply on the parasites that now run (used the term run loosely) the club. I think it's going to take a few years before we can even start thinking about the champions league again unless something drastic happens in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Auba has two years left on his contract. Do we sell if he doesn’t sign an extension? That’s the promise from the suits up above apparently.
    Everyone will be after him and Laca now - and if the club doesn't shiw greater ambition why should they stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Everyone will be after him and Laca now - and if the club doesn't shiw greater ambition why should they stay?
    Ultimately the club is the one in control of what happens next and if they tell them to stay, they stay. I’m not interested in defending the personal interests of players until they really earn that right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should have another year....but I wouldn't be distraught if we parted ways with Mr Ebeeneezer Ebeening Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. He’s inherited a right mess, no questions, so he should probably get another year... but he also hasn’t shown us much to suggest that there’s an elite coach in there either, yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it would be churlish to dump him at this point, however you'd be hard pressed to find fans who genuinely believe from what we've seen this season, that he is the man to transform our team.

I think our style of play is worse than it was under Wenger, we concede too many chances and also don't create enough. Our conversion rate has been above average all season so we've managed to get by, however it isn't sustainable and we ran out of ideas too many times and it eventually cost us.

Emery should get this summer to make a few changes but a decision on his contract will need to be made next year and if we haven't qualified for the CL then it will be time to look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Really? Have you not been watching over the last few years?
    Well I have seen improvements in the team this season in the big games, quite big improvements. Don’t get me wrong, this team still has lots of problems, but our end of season performances were totally unacceptable. Emery needs to be questioned on it, he won’t be though.