User Tag List

Thread: Europa League Final Autopsy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, we got what we deserved, another humiliation for the whole world to bear witness to.

To think we waited so many years for another European final just to make ourselves look like muppets. To think I laughed so hard at Watford !

We don't learn lessons at Arsenal, we never do, and anytime people try to point out our frailties we get all defensive and high mighty; just like a lot of us did to Cech for pointing out the obvious this week.

As for the match, Emery started our strongest team (except for maybe Bellerin) and that fact alone should scare all of us.

Tactically he was a bit slow today, he should have responded with changes once we went one down but to be honest, no matter how I play it in my head, I can't see these bunch of players and this manager winning that match and carrying the cup with the CL spot; it would be to great a leap for their fragile minds to fathom. I dont think Chelsea were that much better than us on the day, but hey, big clubs just do enough to win, especially when it matters.

So again we stare at dissappointment like we have been doing since Barca, our last great hurrah... we were like 20 mins away from glory with only 10 men against the best team in the world- compare that to losing 4-1 against a deflated Chelsea with a manager struggling to keep his job despite wrapping up CL football..... wow, these are really dark times at Arsenal FC.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 29-05-2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: .