User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adebaywhore on strike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From his own words I don't think it was all talk. Especially after the season in which he bagged 30 goals I'm not convinced it was all about getting a bigger contract. His ego was out of control and he wanted to join a "bigger club" in his own words. When that didn't happen he sulked on the pitch and got booed by the fans.

The article that you linked to was after the horse had bolted. There was no going back after that summer when he pushed for a move and angered the fans. You can't use the article you linked to as a catalyst for the problems and to support your opinion when it started way before those events.

It's a classic case of damage limitation from Adebayor. How convenient that the story is now that Arsenal would not be able to pay him anymore so they told him it was better to leave, thus transferring all the blame and all the damage that he has caused back to the club. Very convenient.
    Last edited by Tipsychubbs; 12-07-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    From his own words I don't think it was all talk. Especially after the season in which he bagged 30 goals I'm not convinced it was all about getting a bigger contract. His ego was out of control and he wanted to join a "bigger club" in his own words. When that didn't happen he sulked on the pitch and got booed by the fans.

The article that you linked to was after the horse had bolted. There was no going back after that summer when he pushed for a move and angered the fans. You can't use the article you linked to as a catalyst for the problems and to support your opinion when it started way before those events.

It's a classic case of damage limitation from Adebayor. How convenient that the story is now that Arsenal would not be able to pay him anymore so they told him it was better to leave, thus transferring all the blame and all the damage that he has caused back to the club. Very convenient.
    so you want me to post the article where he said he was committed to arsenal right before he came out to say something different?

Just when Arsenal fans thought they could breathe a sigh of relief, star striker Emmanuel Adebayor has confessed to a Sky Sports News reporter that is still not certain he will be at the Emirates next year - this just minutes after his loyalty pledge at a press conference this afternoon.

"Of course (I am staying) I have three more years," was the gist of what the Togo goal-getter had to say in front of the wider media, but his tone was far less reassuring for supporters of the London club when one-on-one with a Sky journo

"I am footballer, I have a three-year contract at Arsenal but as you know, a lot of clubs are interested in me," he told Sky Sports News.

"At the moment we are just going to sit down and talk and decide what to do.

"Nothing has been decided yet. We will decide next week."

Arsenal are yet to make a comment since Adebayor's press conference, presumably because they are preparing themselves for a final full-on assault from AC Milan and Barcelona.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...instant-u-turn
    Last edited by budesonide; 12-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    ‘Arsene was very cautious and David was very ambitious for the club,’ said former director Keith Edelman, managing director at the time. ‘He was very good at getting Arsene into a position where he was comfortable spending money.’

The board have said if wenger identifies a player he really wants and he needs the money it's there. Wenger doesn't think it's worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whyareyouallwastingyourtimearguingaboutade?

At least argue about an important player, like Denilson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    Also,

you cannot use one article with quotes to back up your opinion then dismiss another article with quotes by the same person.

which should tell you the matter is not as straightforward as you'll want to believe
    You are completely right. Fuck the quotes and just look at what has happened right in front of your eyes. Ade has been to three Clubs and three times it has ended (or about to end) in a bucket of shit and acrimony.

It cannot simply be that Ade is right and every, other motherfucking club he has played for is wrong. The guy is a 100% certified egotistical dickhead who is disruptive and trouble wherever he goes.

Wenger got rid of a huge problem and that he got a shedload of money for the Club into the bargain is one of his greatest strokes of genius.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21.37 Jose Mourinho on Real Madrid's transer options according to Marca: "Neymar is Santos' player, Aguero an Atletico one. Maybe the closest is Adebayor, who has played here six months."
    http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

The King Is Back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has agreed to return to Manchester City training on Monday - even though he remains devastated by the club's treatment.

Adebayor is furious at the way he was omitted from City's current tour of America.

Manu also felt insulted at the way he received an email on holiday telling him he could only train with the reserves from now on and that he will never be part of the first-team squad.

The striker, who refuses to attend training this week, believes the way he has been treated is effectively constructive dismissal.

Adebayor, 27, last night insisted: "I don't know what I have done wrong.

"I get an email, out of the blue, on my holidays telling me I wasn't going on the tour and they told me I am not going to train with the first team.

"It's an insult to me to tell me I am now only fit to train with the reserves.

"I will return to training but I feel I've been let down and disrespected."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1Rz9RxZA0
    As expected, Ade did nothing wrong

Ade critics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    wrong!

the club saw an opportunity to flog a player for cash as usual and so sold him when city came in with silly money!

he was our first choice striker for a while and carried our attack for a substantial period. He then asked that he is paid what a first-choice striker is paid -- WHICH WAS FAIR! The club negotiated his wages abd then decided to flog him when they got a silly offer.

Nothing mercenary about that.
    Ho Hum...I suggest that you review this guy's history with each and every club he has ever played for, plus his national team, and then come back and argue that he's not a complete dickhead. Plus how many other players can you honestly think of recently who have blamed their own fans - as Whore did with us. Most players, whatever their treatment, at least have the dignity not to round on fans. And do you remember his behaviour in that Citeh game? The guy is an arrogant cunt who thinks the sun shines out of his own arse and has ultimately done little but perform below his ability. Wenger said that Whore needed to apply himself 100% to realise his potential. He stopped doing so after he had achieved his bumper pay packet from us and thought he was the big man. And the reast, as they say, is history.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    You are completely right. Fuck the quotes and just look at what has happened right in front of your eyes. Ade has been to three Clubs and three times it has ended (or about to end) in a bucket of shit and acrimony.

It cannot simply be that Ade is right and every, other motherfucking club he has played for is wrong. The guy is a 100% certified egotistical dickhead who is disruptive and trouble wherever he goes.

Wenger got rid of a huge problem and that he got a shedload of money for the Club into the bargain is one of his greatest strokes of genius.
    Pretty much.

Worth remembering that if he had continued to put in the performances he did the season before he got the payrise we probably would have tried to keep him, he only has himself to blame for his attitude and the trouble it's got him into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Pretty much.

Worth remembering that if he had continued to put in the performances he did the season before he got the payrise we probably would have tried to keep him, he only has himself to blame for his attitude and the trouble it's got him into.
    Good point. Not to mention that if he had done so for Citeh, they wouldn't have loaned him out, and if he had done so at RM, they would want to sign him. Whore is an architypal lesson in what happens when you think you have made it and develop an attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESPN Star 12 August 2011

Tottenham agree Adebayor loan deal
    Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City.

The Togolese striker is on the hunt for a new club after being told he is not in Roberto Mancini's plans for the upcoming season.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has been on a look out for a striker to boost his firepower for their Barclays Premier League and Europa League campaigns.

And according to Sky Sports News, the North London club have agreed a deal to take the 27-year-old on loan at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor did go on loan with Spanish giants Real Madrid for the whole of last season and impressed with eight goals.

His preference was to land a permanent deal at Santiago Bernabeu but Madrid coach Jose Mourinho decided against taking the former Arsenal striker in.

Already a hate-figure amongst Arsenal fans for his provocative celebration in Manchester City's 4-2 win over the Gunners, his move to London rivals Tottenham will only do further harm to his reputation at the Emirates.
    This is the player who was far too good for us! Hope the same happens to Nasri.