User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Barcodes (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, potentially 7 or 8 still to come into the first team, depending on who you see as our best CB and CM combo.

On the downside, we've got Liverpool, spufs and man u before the end of September, and I've got a horrible feeling that's gonna be too soon for Bellerin and maybe Tierney and Holding. We'll see.
    Based on what I saw of Chambers yesterday, I am a little less concerned if Holding is not available for those games. Although it was just one game, and it was against Newcastle.

I just hope our attack is more fluid by then. Yesterdays game showed no signs that our sideways and backways passing has gone away.. way too long in the game, all we did was pass aimlessly at the back and make no effort to bring it out quick.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Definitely too soon for BEllers and Tierney. Holding might be available by then.
    Holding sounds like he's almost there, but it might take hime a while to get his sharpness back.

Guess there's no need to rush him back though, if Sokratis, Luiz and Chambers can stay fit for a few weeks...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-08-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Based on what I saw of Chambers yesterday, I am a little less concerned if Holding is not available for those games. Although it was just one game, and it was against Newcastle.

I just hope our attack is more fluid by then. Yesterdays game showed no signs that our sideways and backways passing has gone away.. way too long in the game, all we did was pass aimlessly at the back and make no effort to bring it out quick.
    Chambers is fine for a 4th-choice CB. And if he allows us sell Mustafi and Elneny then he's arguably already our player of the season.

Any signs of our players pressing any better from the front (or being more resistant to it at the back)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Chambers is fine for a 4th-choice CB. And if he allows us sell Mustafi and Elneny then he's arguably already our player of the season.

Any signs of our players pressing any better from the front (or being more resistant to it at the back)?
    I think Chambers has shown over the years that he's not a good defender, whether at full back or centre back. He was decent as DM for Fulham I believe but I just don't think he's cut out to play in defence and his performances over the years support that.

Even Fulham chose not to play him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think Chambers has shown over the years that he's not a good defender, whether at full back or centre back. He was decent as DM for Fulham I believe but I just don't think he's cut out to play in defence and his performances over the years support that.

Even Fulham chose not to play him there.
    He's not Mustafi - that'll do for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holdings already done a 90 minutes recently so I expect him to be breathing down the other lots necks soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was supposed to come back after the first international break. Either way, he has to be reintroduced carefully at first. We’ve got enough cover until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would be nice to have him back for the Liverpool match although he'd need to be up to speed

both that and the Spuds game have come a little early in the season for my liking, given our new personnel will need some time to bed in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the hammering we took at Anfield, we faired better against the top sides last season. No need to go into these games with any fear (taken from Blue Moon):

1) City | P10 | W8 | D1 | L1 | F20 | A5 | GD15 | PTS 25
    2) Liverpool | P10 | W5 | D4 | L1 | F17 | A8 | GD9 | PTS 19
    3) Arsenal | P10 | W3 | D3 | L4 | F16 | A19 | GD-3 | PTS 12
    4) Chelsea | P10 | W3 | D3 | L4 | F12 | A19 | GD-7 | PTS 12
    5) Spurs | P10 | W2 | D1 | L7 | F11 | A15 | GD-4 | PTS 7
    6) United | P10 | W1 | D3 | L5 | F8 | A18 | GD-10 | PTS 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been battered far too many times at Anfield now for there not to be any concerns. Klopp has had our number ever since he turned up there.