User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Burnley (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Wenger signed Lacazette but I think Auba was forced on him.

I remember him being asked about Auba and whether he was going to arrive and Wenger replied with an emphatic 'NO'

Wenger signed far too many idiots, some of which are still here, for him to deserve any credit whatsoever.

He put this club back years in his last 2/3 years here.
    Also lets not forget he either didnt start Lacaette or use to take him off after about 70 minutes, so I'm not eve sure he was convinced by Lacazette. If Wenger had stayed Laca probably wouldn't be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another win which is good and the 1st time we've won our first two games since 2009!

Going forward we were pretty decent, Lacazettes' goal was very good as was Aubameyangs' (he looks so sharp at the moment). Ceballos looked decent with some nice touches and passes (shame we'll only have him for one season if he does this week in week out).

I think Nelson has potential, put the ball in the back of the net (although it was disallowed) and was quite direct.

I'm a bit undecided about Guendouzi at the moment as I'm not too sure what his role should be.

Liverpool next, who didn't look at their best and defensively looked a bit suspect, hopefully we can perform and get something, but it's a different level to what we've played so far.
    Last edited by Özim; 18-08-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos is a beast, sign him up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Another win which is good and the 1st time we've won our first two games since 2009!

Going forward we were pretty decent, Lacazettes' goal was very good as was Aubameyangs' (he looks so sharp at the moment). Ceballos looked decent with some nice touches and passes (shame we'll only have him for one season if he does this week in week out).

I think Nelson has potential, put the ball in the back of the net (although it was disallowed) and was quite direct.

I'm a bit undecided about Guendouzi at the moment as I'm not too sure what his role should be.

Liverpool next, who didn't look at their best and defensively looked a bit suspect, hopefully we can perform and get something, but it's a different level to what we've played so far.
    Ever since i saw his performances in the reserves i thought Nelson was a really good prospect and i think he's coming on well

Agree about the liverpool match too, am more optimistic than I was that that we could get something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing yesterday proved to me at least is that we really dont need Generalissimo Xhaka to keep things ticking over in midfield. Nor Ozil or Mikhi.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    One thing yesterday proved to me at least is that we really dont need Generalissimo Xhaka to keep things ticking over in midfield. Nor Ozil or Mikhi.
    Yeah i'm really hoping it's the beginning of the end for all of them, i like the blend of new / young and the best of our established players we're putting out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn’t the best game but we were in control. Ceballos was awesome, shades of a peak Cazorla.

David Luiz was also pretty assured, though I did nearly have a heart attack when he drilled that pass across goal!

6 points in the bag. Now for the real tests...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yeah i'm really hoping it's the beginning of the end for all of them, i like the blend of new / young and the best of our established players we're putting out there
    3 duds who collectively are soaking up north of 700kpw in wages. enough to cover most Championship clubs entire roster, i guess
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torreira, Cabellos and Willock would be my first choice midfield 3 right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Ceballos is a beast, sign him up
    Is there an option to buy?