Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Burnley (home)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Burnley (home)

Another win against the Premier League's foremost farmers.

Dyche has lost the lot against us but we struggle physically against them.

Ceballos was very good.

Auba.

Lacazette.

Top of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dyche through his tears: "I don't want to cry about it".

"I'm really worried about the game of football. Falling and diving over the place here today".

What an utter twat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dyche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos to Mkhitaryan with the long ball gesture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, we've never had a front two as dangerous as these 2 and AW gets the plaudits for this.

I think this match was more about the youngsters we've got and if they will be able to make the step up and help us be competitive again.

Easily Ceballos and Willock were the stars. I must say I'm impressed with the R.Madrid youngster, his close control and composure got me reminiscing fondly of Santi- and that alone is high praise. He was really good and behind almost everything good we did in attack today. A great home debut.

Willock continued from where he left of last week, industriious, confident and everywhere. I thought Guendozi was sub par today, and clearly he cant handle that anchor role by himself unless he has someone babysitting him. AMN, hit and miss. But it was Nelson that disappointed me the most again. We were dispossessed a lot in the first half and if you look back you'll see he lost the ball more than anyone and almost always failed to get it back. He does seem to have the intelligence of a good player but if he cannot deal with the physical demands of the premiership and a novice like Ceballos can, then he only has himself to blame when we ship him off for another loan. I'm disappointed as I thought he would be the youngster to make that difference this season.

As for the rest of the team, its all about our defending again. Luiz, was ok on the ball but poor defensively. It got me thinking of what Zim says about playing him further up. Anyway I still prefer him in the team than out of it.

I also think that always playing the ball from the back is a mistake- I think we should mix it up a bit and realise that when we take the lead, the other team is going to come out so we can afford to clear our lines and look for through balls to kill the game. Funnily when you look back at the match our most dangreous attacks were actually when we dispossessed Burnley or someone lumped it forward (same for Burnley too).

All and all, an ok game and good to have 6 points. But we really got to think of the next game now and what to do about our defending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Dyche through his tears: "I don't want to cry about it".

"I'm really worried about the game of football. Falling and diving over the place here today".

What an utter twat.
    Sorry Dyche, it’s the natural defence against the hard-man tactics, I’m afraid: if you agree that it’s acceptable to send your teams out to go in hard on opponents to rattle and intimidate their players, then the other side is well within their rights to use it against you and draw attention to it.

Of course we could all just agree to drop both shitty tactics, and play each other in a fair game of football, but I doubt you’ll agree to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos is very good. Think he'll be a mainstay in midfield for us this season, either at 8 or 10. Ozil could find himself sidelined more often than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Sorry Dyche, it’s the natural defence against the hard-man tactics, I’m afraid: if you agree that it’s acceptable to send your teams out to go in hard on opponents to rattle and intimidate their players, then the other side is well within their rights to use it against you and draw attention to it.

Of course we could all just agree to drop both shitty tactics, and play each other in a fair game of football, but I doubt you’ll agree to that.
    Dyke is truly one of the biggest cunts in football, and that's saying something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a horrible feeling I’m going to get very attached to Ceballos over the next year - what are the chances of him enjoying his stint here so much that he wants to stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keen to see what a Torreira/Ceballos midfield would look like.