User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 games in and 3 expected results. Next week Spuds and that could tell us this early whether we are competing for 3rd or 4th place.

one cheery thought though is that can you imagine the level of criticism on an United forum at the moment. would be very amusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed but not too angry. I think Emery's tactics and line up were poor, but I can also see progression in the quality of the players. Would really like to see a midfield of Torreira, Ceballos and Willock going forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any midfield minus Xhaka would be a good one. Id rather see Chambers in midfield or Luiz
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luiz looked like an £8 defender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know everyone is blaming DL, and as an experienced defender he deserve it, but I think we are missing the point, which is if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else - as this team cannot defend under sustained pressure let alone from the best pressing side in the whole of Europe.

The first goal by Matip would have still been given as a penalty on VVD as 3 or so other player were doing exactly what DL later did to Sala. The penalty was stupid but since they hadn't got caught the first time Luiz tried his luck.

For the 3rd goal, Trent said something really worrying
    on Sky when interviewed immediately after the match which later Klopp confirmed. At HT Klopp told his players to change tactics and stop with the long balls and concentrate on dragging our CBs out of position since we'd left so much space around. And the text book third goal came which Trent said he couldn't believe.

The inexplicable tactics were 100% to blame for this loss. It played to all of our weaknesses and to all of their strengths. Every analyst has said the same thing- what's the use of the players giving 100% effort when someone has set them up to lose from the get go !

The same inexplicable team selection and tactics that made us lose 3 different opportunities to qualify for the CL last season.

I really don't want to get into analyzing Emery's tactics because it's more than obvious that he making it up as he goes along. More than a year later and I'm still unsure what the hell this guy wants to do at this club!
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 25-08-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the only way this Arsenal can play Liverpool and hope to get something from the match.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...t-updates/amp/

The funny thing is even with our first choice defence out we still gave up good chances to them so trying to contain them is the biggest joke of the century. The only way is to pin them back which we did better than even Man City in this game!

I can't really understand how any credible coach could come out from that 5-1 and still insist on setting himself up almost the same way again to soak pressure.

This game was a no presure game, everyone expected us to lose, why not play his strongest possible team so we know how to setup for the Spuds?

I mean does anyone know how we will setup their now? Diamond? Pass from the back? Emery is really having a laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, just noticed Mustafi started that game !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    ...I mean does anyone know how we will setup their now? Diamond? Pass from the back? Emery is really having a laugh.
    Not a clue! Emery has talked a lot about this idea of ‘Chameleonic’ football, so I guess it really could be anything from one game to the next?

I’ve got to say, the whole ‘chameleonic’ thing really doesn’t inspire me with confidence - I’m all for a bit of tactical flexibility, but I really don’t like this idea of only reacting to what opponents are doing. Aside from anything else I’m not convinced that we’re actually good enough at it to make it work? I mean if the best that all of our analysis and strategising can come up with is to play a midfield diamond against Liverpool (and at a time when we’re down to ageing / utility fullbacks) then it’s probably best to draw a line under it now and try something else...