User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Watford (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a growing consensus that Emery isn't the man to take us forward. I really think we could see Raul and Edu being quite ruthless and give him the boot by Xmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger in
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think the plug should be pulled yet because we still have a few players to come back, a fit and firing Bellerin and Tierney should give us a new dimension but it goes without saying if we don’t qualify for the CL this year we need to move on from Emery, he can’t hide behind the no money or not his players excuses now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Wenger in

Although no, not really. But to all the people who went on and on about what a bumbling idiot ™ he was and how anyone, literally anyone, would do better.
    Well we've got literally anyone now and it's the same failings.

All that said, I agree with MO and will stick to my "judge him at the end of the season" stance. Top 4 or bust this year, we have the resources, Chelsea and Utd look like a mess so there's no reason we can't finish above them. I don't think there's much between us and Spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he needs to go now.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit that is my kneejerk reaction but I think any manager should be given a couple of seasons to work with a squad.
    If 25 years of watching football has taught me one thing it's that every season has ups and downs and you can only properly assess it at the end.
    Sacking him isn't going to make shit defenders stop being shit. And we do have players to come back.
    Calm yourself, sir. Calm yourself! #bercow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the 'people said no-one would be worse than Wenger' point, it's true - even though i want Emery to go he did get us to 5th last season (one point off fourth) - we were 6th in Wenger's last effort...

and on 'give him a couple of seasons' - i don't think that approach holds true anymore, given the amount of games he's been in charge of - i can't be bothered to go back and check the actual number but it's around 43 PL games plus EL, Lge Cup and FAC, also you can count preseason up to a point - what's that, 80-90 games?

so he's had plenty of chances to put in place tactics that keep us more defensively sound and make the most of our abundant attacking resources.

he's patently failng to do that

any optimism about our new signings has quickly evaaporated as we see them left on the bench or misused while Xhaka gets a free pass every game

Ceballos looked really fucked off when he was subbed the other day so that's already damaged our hopes of him liking Arsenal enough to stay (if Barca were prepared to release him of course)

we're now probably facing Holding being kept out of the side while Luiz clowns around in a position that most of thought Holding had made his own

there's way too much evidence now that Emery's out of his depth and needs to go before we're struggling against relegation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I think he needs to go now.
    If Allegri fancies it then yes, give him the boot now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If Allegri fancies it then yes, give him the boot now.
    Yep. If Raul wants to earn his Jamon he needs to be on the phone to Allegri today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    on the 'people said no-one would be worse than Wenger' point, it's true - even though i want Emery to go he did get us to 5th last season (one point off fourth) - we were 6th in Wenger's last effort...
    There was, at best, a tiny, tiny improvement last year. We got 7 more points than the previous season although that was Wenger's worst ever season by some distance, the season before that we got 75, 5 more than last season.
    Many of the same failings were evident last year - collapsing when 3rd place was up for grabs, awful defence - we conceded the same number of goals as the previous season. No captain to speak of.
    We got to the final of the Europa instead of the semi-final but lost it limply.

Now, fair enough, you have to give a new manager some time to work with a squad and I think while we were all a bit underwhelmed by his first season we were mostly of the opinion that it was only fair to give him more of a chance to sort things out.
    But he had another summer to sort out the defence and signed Luiz who has been awful so far. The captain situation remains equally ridiculous. Ozil...God alone knows what's going on there, he's getting less out of Ozil than Wenger did.

The more extreme views towards the end of Wenger's reign were that he was so inept that anyone would immediately do significantly better. Well that hasn't happened.
    It's early yet and we are on the same points as the 3rd place team, only 2 points behind City. Probably not sensible to be pressing panic buttons just yet. But losing a 2 goal lead at the bottom placed team which with such an inept 2nd half display...it's not great, is it?