User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Watford (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. Get a top quality manager in now.

With resources and quality we have, a decent manager can still get us CL football.

Emery had his chance last season and it was on a plate. We have had all summer to come up with a strategy of how to set his team up, and the first five games have shown there is no defined plan.

He’s just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any manager that cant deduce after 18 months that Xhaka is a turd of Elephantine proportions needs sacking with prejudice.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The final 6 weeks of last season was unforgivable in itself.

It seems like we've picked up where we left off really.

I don't see anything to suggest that this team has changed or improved in any way, shape or form. If anything we've become more pragmatic but even that hasn't stopped pretty much every team in the league being able to have a go at us with ease. I would say Emery's style of play is shit but I don't even think there is a style or philosophy, I have no idea what he's trying to do with the team. We lack the guile to create chances consistently, the midfield doesn't provide anything and the defence always look like they've been run ragged before games have even got going.

It's quite telling that the longer his ideas have been filtering through to the team, the worse we've gradually got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Any manager that cant deduce after 18 months that Xhaka is a turd of Elephantine proportions needs sacking with prejudice.
    Got to agree, he's been consistently awful and has made a lot of mistakes costing us goals, to make him captain and thus play him regularly was a mystifying decision, what kind of captain comes out and tells everyone we were scared of Waftord!!!

Luis might turn out to be another one, hs cost us 3 goals so far, probably more to come, would move him into midfield now personally. Sokratis isn't covering himself in glory either having said that, but I'd tell him to forget trying to pass it out and belt the ball away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The final 6 weeks of last season was unforgivable in itself.

It seems like we've picked up where we left off really.

I don't see anything to suggest that this team has changed or improved in any way, shape or form. If anything we've become more pragmatic but even that hasn't stopped pretty much every team in the league being able to have a go at us with ease. I would say Emery's style of play is shit but I don't even think there is a style or philosophy, I have no idea what he's trying to do with the team. We lack the guile to create chances consistently, the midfield doesn't provide anything and the defence always look like they've been run ragged before games have even got going.

It's quite telling that the longer his ideas have been filtering through to the team, the worse we've gradually got.
    Truth is he's coming across like he hasn't got a clue to be honest, no wonder PSG got rid of him, Watford got rid of their manager and didn't waste any time doing so, if I'm honest I don't see why we couldn't as well, these poor performances go back 13 games now, if we could get a decent manager I'd jump at the chance, not some nobody or middle of road manager, but a top manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Got to agree, he's been consistently awful and has made a lot of mistakes costing us goals, to make him captain and thus play him regularly was a mystifying decision, what kind of captain comes out and tells everyone we were scared of Waftord!!!

Luis might turn out to be another one, hs cost us 3 goals so far, probably more to come, would move him into midfield now personally. Sokratis isn't covering himself in glory either having said that, but I'd tell him to forget trying to pass it out and belt the ball away.
    yeah Luiz is looking like a real mistake, not least because he's regarded as a 'senior player' and new signing so is going to be played ahead of Holding who I'd rather see there tbh - in fact i think i'd already rather see Mavropanos given another go

and by the way, another danger of letting Emery stay a full season - or even until January - is that the longer this shitshow goes on, our better players will be starting to think "this is bollocks, I'm off"...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    and by the way, another danger of letting Emery stay a full season - or even until January - is that the longer this shitshow goes on, our better players will be starting to think "this is bollocks, I'm off"...
    This is a danger.
    I saw something from Auba saying we basically gave them the goals yesterday. All his efforts and we dropped 2 points because of the fuckwittery at the back. He must wonder why he bothers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    This is a danger.
    I saw something from Auba saying we basically gave them the goals yesterday. All his efforts and we dropped 2 points because of the fuckwittery at the back. He must wonder why he bothers.
    He bothers because he earns about £130,000 a week and it's his job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine, but he'd earn that at any top club and it must be pretty galling to see other players on £shitloads a week making regular errors which you wouldn't expect in an amateur game and undo all his hard work and mean we drop points.
    You can't fault his effort but neither could you blame him if he thought "well sod this" and upped sticks to a club where his efforts yielded more silverware because of competence in other areas of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our current players, what is our best choice CB pairing? Assuming we are going to be hell bent on playing from the back, then my 2 CB's in 4 man backline is Holding & Chambers/Papa. If we play 3 at the back, then its Holding, Luiz and Papa/Chambers.

Either way Holding needs to be in there right now!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..