User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v The Villa (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt watch the game... but we won.... and also united, Chelsea and spurs all lost so as a weekend goes not bad.

I still don't think we will finish below 4th despite our many issues.

Next up United which could be interesting as they are being really poor at the moment and there for the taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’ve been there for the taking many times but we don’t turn up at Old Trafford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    They’ve been there for the taking many times but we don’t turn up at Old Trafford.
    If we show.up.with Xhaka as Emery certainly will. Then we will give them the morale boosting 3 points as usual
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a little sympathy for Xhaka in that he is regularly left to hold the midfield on his own, and that's something that needs to be addressed by Emery as teams are just playing through us with ease.

Ultimately though, Xhaka just doesn't have the legs (or intelligence) to do the job he is being to do.

The midfield going forwards has to be 3 from Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win in the end, but again the defending was horrendous.

Guendouzi was great in the 2nd half, he's at his best when he's moving forward to be honest, defensively he's not much good (as you could see from Villas first goal), the minute we took Xhaka off we were great, guess that means he'll be back in the 1st team next match!

Signing Sokratis was always a strange one IMO, given his age he wasn't going to have too long left at the top before we'd need to replace him, looks like we might have reached that point now, he looks terrible and is really error prone, given the fact he's playing next to another error prone CB it's a big issue for us.

Chambers was excellent when he came on too as was Willock, as ever Aubameyang with a great goal, can't wait for Lacazette to come back as well, he makes such a different to our game.

Emery saved his job by the skin of his teeth, but I'm just not convinced he's the man for the job based on what we've seen of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I have a little sympathy for Xhaka in that he is regularly left to hold the midfield on his own, and that's something that needs to be addressed by Emery as teams are just playing through us with ease.

Ultimately though, Xhaka just doesn't have the legs (or intelligence) to do the job he is being to do.

The midfield going forwards has to be 3 from Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos.
    I've got no sympathy for him, he offers nothing to the team, makes errors regularly and doesn't do the job he's been asked to do properly, on top of that he gives interviews and tells people the team were scared of the opposition.

Xhaka should never play, Torreira is the guy who should be in the team instead of him, Xhaka should be nowhere near the 1st team, he should be sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I've got no sympathy for him, he offers nothing to the team, makes errors regularly and doesn't do the job he's been asked to do properly, on top of that he gives interviews and tells people the team were scared of the opposition.

Xhaka should never play, Torreira is the guy who should be in the team instead of him, Xhaka should be nowhere near the 1st team, he should be sold.
    I agree Xhaka should not be playing, but the issues go beyond individuals. I honestly don't think Torreira would fare that much better in the current set-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team can't defend, individually or collectively, we concede too many chances, too many goals and have no real or effective way of playing to negate that.

Emery is shit. Get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Emery has said that Arsenal need Xhaka that comment should be a sacking offence in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka has a Kardashian style video on good ebening.. that can be the only reason he is starting. Brings absolutely nothing to the table. If I were Torreira, I'd feel like I got a kick in the balls every time Xhaka steps on the pitch ahead of him.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..