User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Match Reaction v The Villa (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i was at the game and i have to say it felt like what football's supposed to be about in the sense it was highs and lows and ultimately a good show of spirit for the lads to get the 3 points.

but on the team i do agree that it was one of those matches where Emery had to undo the bad selections he made for the start.

Ii agree that Sok's lost the plot and Luiz simply isn't a defender, neither is AMN

i'm bored of saying how bad Xhaka is

the subs really made a difference and Saka had a bright start.

i think some of the younger players have more than proved they're worthy of a bit more of a run out - but Emery's cuation sends him to older 'experienced' players like sokratis, Xhaka and for a long time Mhki and Mustafi.

don't know if it came across on the telly but Xhaka was roundly booed when he left the field, i think it was when we started doing that to Mustafi that the penny dropped even with Emery.

trouble is with Xhaka being captain it will be harder as Emery has to admit he's cocked up giving him the armband

but whoever the manager i'd have been as ashamed as last week if Villa had beaten us or even got a draw tbh so glad Guendouzi, Chambers and others worked hard and got the win

none of us could believe it when Auba gave the pen to Pepe - it just didn't seem like the right time - but he was cool enough

and Auba's free kick was terrific though Heaton left a gap and wrong-footed himself when it was taken.

best comedy moment was Heaton rushing to take a goal kick at the end after timewasting all match
    Last edited by Mac76; 23-09-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well Emery has said that Arsenal need Xhaka that comment should be a sacking offence in itself.
    Agreed, anyone who can't see how bad Xhaka is really has no place managing a club like Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Xhaka's biggest fan but I was uncomfortable with the loud cheer followed by booing when Xhaka went off. Didn't think it was particularly necessary or that Xhaka even had that bad a game.

It was pretty obvious to me that Auba would give the pen to Pepe.....and it's not like Auba's own pen record is flawless. People still blame our missing out on CL on his pen miss against Spurs last season despite Auba being the golden boot holder and the team fuhking up the last several games of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Not Xhaka's biggest fan but I was uncomfortable with the loud cheer followed by booing when Xhaka went off. Didn't think it was particularly necessary or that Xhaka even had that bad a game.

It was pretty obvious to me that Auba would give the pen to Pepe.....and it's not like Auba's own pen record is flawless. People still blame our missing out on CL on his pen miss against Spurs last season despite Auba being the golden boot holder and the team fuhking up the last several games of the season.
    i was really encouraged to hear people booing Xhaka - maybe it can seem a bit hard on the player, who no doubt thinks he's doing his best, but it's the only way the fans can let Emery know what they think of Xhaka's being captain and playing every game, plus constantly being excused when he fuhks up.

it seemed like it was fan reaction that at least party did for Mustafi so maybe it can work with Xhaka too

fair point re Auba's pen record but i think most of us where i am in the ground just thought it was a risk to give it to Pepe in the circumstances, but as i said he put it away pretty coolly
    Last edited by Mac76; 24-09-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really harsh to boo one of our own players IMO.
    A message needs to be sent but surely people's reactions as he makes mistakes is enough.
    Unless there's a suggestion he can't be arsed - and I don't think there is - it seems a bit unnecessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Really harsh to boo one of our own players IMO.
    A message needs to be sent but surely people's reactions as he makes mistakes is enough.
    Unless there's a suggestion he can't be arsed - and I don't think there is - it seems a bit unnecessary.
    it's clearly not enough for fans to react to his mistakes or Emery would have done something by now

and as for whether he's arsed, i didn't really see him motivating anyone the other day it was left to Guendouzi

if Emery can't manage his squad better the fans need to tell him how to do it - everyone in the stadium knows Xhaka's a waste of space except Emery - we have to hope his own self-preservation will kick in and he'll drop him