User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Forest (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That actually looked like a team out there for once - the movement and support going forward were great, but I was most impressed with the pressing and covering and the general determination to win the ball back immediately. I think we won pretty much every challenge and loose ball last night?

Chuck in the best from the ‘first’ team and there’s the makings of a decent side here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    More than just who he picked...he actually got Torreira to sit this time in a double pivot. Tierney was just at total ease. Now I've finally seen him and live I can already see what some of the fuss is about. Infinitely more switched on than Kola.
    He’s a good player, Tierney - not flashy, but he knows his job well, and the way he gets up and down that left is relentless. I think he’s another one like Willock (and hopefully a couple of the other younger players) who has a natural feel for the ebb and flow of the game and just seems to know where to be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    He’s a good player, Tierney - not flashy, but he knows his job well, and the way he gets up and down that left is relentless. I think he’s another one like Willock (and hopefully a couple of the other younger players) who has a natural feel for the ebb and flow of the game and just seems to know where to be...
    hopefully he will develop like Robertson has... he was slow to start but is top notch now.

a back four of bellerin, chambers holding Tierney looks good plus can play together for a long time. then have torreira + another sitting midfielder and then the front four auba, laca, sakho and pepe do the business up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    hopefully he will develop like Robertson has... he was slow to start but is top notch now.

a back four of bellerin, chambers holding Tierney looks good plus can play together for a long time. then have torreira + another sitting midfielder and then the front four auba, laca, sakho and pepe do the business up front.
    Yeah, that defence picks itself, if everyone’s fit - there’ll be much tougher tests than a static Forest side to come for these guys, but we desperately need a refresh there. The current back 4 look shell-shocked at the moment, and need some time away from the action. Martinez is also in with a serious shout for a starting spot.

Midfield has to be Torreira, Guendouzi and Willock - Torreira is our best DM, and the other two are close to undroppable right now. Really looking forward to seeing that trio grow together.

Didn’t think I’d be suggesting this at the start of the season, but I think I’d be rotating Auba and Laca to keep them fresh across the season? We look suddenly flush with wide options (Pepe, Saka, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Martinelli) so we don’t need to run those two into the ground every game now, or play awkward shapes for the sake of fitting them into the same XI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinez has enough about him to be starting for us in both the FA and Carabo cups. The defence needs to be Holding and anyone of Chambers, Luiz or Sokratis. Mustafi still needs binning. No one gives away pens like that hothead.

Xhaka just needs to leave, AMN needs to be sold. there is no place for him anywhere in the team. Kola needs to move too, what are his attributes, except as acting as Ozils bodyguard.

We have the bones of a good squad. Just need to weed out the deplorables
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it was a really good display yesterday. Another clean sheet for Martinez, Leno should watch his back.

Hopefully he can get the lineup and structure right for once this weekend.

Knowing Emery and the way he sets up against the top 6, I don't think this will be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I don't recall him being out of position once. For an Arsenal defender that is amazing. The team actually failed to read a number of deadly crosses he put in over the game....but Aubameyang will succeed were others have failed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love Willock and think he has been unfairly dropped this season but I would go for Torreira, Guendouzi and Ceballos in midfield against Manure. If it's not working, Willock can come on for any of the 3.

I don't want to see Chambers up against United's James though he is slowly reassuring me and I'd have no qualms about seeing him at CB with Holding.

Holding has played 3/4 games now (including academy) so no reason he should not walk into the team next Monday. I'd be happy to put Tierney straight in too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery has all but confirmed Bellerin will not be risked against Utd so that leaves Chambers as only option at RB.

I agree he's a better CB though so hopefully gets a chance there when Bellerin is back in the team.

Hopefully Holding and Tierney play though. Dont really care which of the chuckle brothers gets dropped, they've been equally poor this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as we are trying to forget/deny it....AMN is available for Monday.