User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd (away).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh also. Obviously it's good it did but why the hell does VAR need to be used to get that decision right for our goal.
    He was 2 maybe 3 yards onside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wright has a hard on for Ozil for some reason. Has he started drinking?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuinely think Guendo should be captain.

He's the only one out there offering what a captain should. He leads by example, drives the team forward and bollocks the players when they're not putting in a shift like a leader should. He was the one that kickstarted our comeback against Villa by in effect saying 'fuck this' and grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, and he and was the only one stopping us getting routed on the counter today by fighting for every ball.

He's only a year younger than Adams was when he became captain, and there's nobody else in the team that lifts the team like he does.

Give him the armband, IMO.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 shite teams.

2 shite coaches.

Plenty of shite players.

That’s United and Arsenal for you these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery's negativity is starting to do my nut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The negativity is irritating for sure but it’s the soulless football that’s killing me. What is his philosophy? What is he trying to achieve? What players have improved under him? I honestly can’t identify with anything I’m seeing.

Even Brendan Rogers has made a bigger impact at Leicester with less to work with than Emery has got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The negativity is irritating for sure but it’s the soulless football that’s killing me. What is his philosophy? What is he trying to achieve? What players have improved under him? I honestly can’t identify with anything I’m seeing.

Even Brendan Rogers has made a bigger impact at Leicester with less to work with than Emery has got.
    maybe appointing Rogers wouldn't have been such a bad thing. they can sell players and it doesn't affect them too much.

United were there for the taking, they were really poor and most of there shots were from distance.

Its nice that VAR works for once but without Auba.... I dread to think where we would be. That Xhaka free kick where he just boots it out for a goal kick expecting Chambers to run for it...sums him up. Pepe £70m wow... he was toilet. Some good players and I think it will be a battle for top 4 between ourselves, Chavs, Spuds, Leicester and United (if they are still in touch come transfer window).

Shocking though that Emery has 3 more points than Wenger for the start of his reign compared to the end of Wengers but we have scored less and conceded more. We were in decline under Wenger and Emery hasn't made a single difference.

I still think we will scrap into the top 4 but at the end of the season should get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

All your questions are valid and why this manager needs to go ASAP- even if it's us sticking Freddie their for a while, who I think might be behind the fact that we are getting our joy only from our young players ATM.

As for the game, you've all said it, poor conditions with two under performing teams led by two mediocre managers.

Analysing though, I think this was one of Emery's best days of recent (which should scare everyone as we only got a fortuitous draw and the opposition was pretty poor). Starting with the lineup, the idea of the front 3 made a lot of sense. This was easily our most comfortable game defending in the EPL and it's not because our defenders got better but because the front 3 meant United were pinned down to an extent. Some of us have been calling for this exact tactic in these kind of games and despite Pepe's poor performance, Saka and Auba's performances were enough to give our defence a breather.

He also started Torriera which meant cover and stability for our beleaguered defence from the onset while Captain Marvel was allowed to make foul after foul and be as pointless as usual. Imagine if Wilock had rightly taken his place, maybe our front 3 would have actually had proper supply to effect damage.

Chambers was ok, he needs to get more confidence but he is a better and more effective defender than AMN. I'm tired of Kolasnic and would love to see him out of the starting lineup for good, a very average player whose only distinction is he has fight in him. The 2 CBs were just borderline ok and at every moment you felt a penalty was in the offing, that partnership needs to be ended as soon as possible. I also think Leno was the most suspect thing about our defence last night. He inspired no confidence in the 1st half and if you look carefully at the goal, after the first wave of the attack he already looked beaten before the shot. I've not seen a keeper which such consistent poor composure in a long time. Obviously his opposite was a marvel of professionalism and you knew you would need some luck or something special to beat him.

The most shocking thing about last night was that playing from the back actually seemed to work a little bit. It's probably because the opposition were so nervous and the ref helped a lot too by consistently blowing.

In all, Emery's average tactics worked and I'm sure he's beaming wherever he is as he only hoped for a draw and that's the best a really poor manager like him can really fathom from these kind of games.

Thank you VAR and the great gift that is Auba (AW all is forgiven......).

Oh and Saka is a real real special talent. An awsesome performance from the young lad. The youngsters are just the best thing about this season, shame we don't have a good manager to make their effort count.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 01-10-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka is totally redundant in this team, so for him to be made captain and pretty much a guaranteed starter is the ultimate kick in the balls. He wasn't the worst performer last night (Pepe was comically bad), but he offers nothing offensively and is a complete liability defensively.

Midfield should be 3 from Torreria, Guendouzi, Ceballos and Willock.

Emery really is a bang average manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t Emery’s contract up at the end of the season?