User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think we have a very strong squad in the sense of, if we had a manager who liked to bring on younger players, we could be watching a team with the same positivity and good formation that we saw against Forest - tbh i wonder whether he let Freddie have more of a say in how we set up for that match, and it was interesting to see on TV yesterday that Freddie was trying to give Emery advice.

That's the only game i've seen this season where the team didn't leave gaps everywhere, which was once again the case yesterday.

I'd love to see Emery sacked and Freddie given a go tbh.

Last night we should have won easily, as i said before we had enough corners and advanced FKs alone to get at least one more but our set-piece takers didn't even deliver to League 2 level, i'd expect about the same of a pub side

Emery is wasting our young talent - at least Chambers is saying "f*** you, you've no choice but to play me so i'm going to play how we should be playing"

Emery out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Isn’t Emery’s contract up at the end of the season?
    I don't think we should wait that long, for me it's January at the latest.

I wonder whether the moving of Freddie to the first team was a strategy to make him the next manager, he knows the young players etc. So maybe that's Raul's thinking - let's hope they make the switch in time for us to make the top four
    Last edited by Mac76; 01-10-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The earlier we make the move to get rid of Emery the better it will be for this team, I can't re-emphasize this enough.

This is a poor EPL season as predicted, all our rivals are weaker to an extent (and I include Liverpool and Citeh in this). In fact in most of Europe, the big teams are not seeing the dominance they had in the past as overpaid prima donnas are underperforming in every team. This is going to be a breakout season for so many unknown players.

As for us, we have a more than ok mix of players; despite the lack of quality DMs and below average CBs, the team is competitive. We have 2 of the best performing strikers in the world who are at their prime and don't have to worry about national commitments. Plus a great young pool of talent coming through

We should bold enough to try and build something that will last and Emery's lack of vision and cluelessness has shown he is not the man to do this.

Expectations have evaporated, lets just sack this manager and look forward. What's really the worst that could happen, no Thursday night football.... boohoo
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 01-10-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Prattenburg has said that it wouldn't have been controversial if VAR had rules out our equalizer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Pepe isn't a dud because we're saddled with him for a while given the instalment plan.

I did hope he could be our Mane but right now he looks like another Gervinho. Actually, even Gervinho at the start didn't look as rubbish as Pepe does right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just realised.

Where was fairycake last night ?

Was it too wet for him ?

Its inconsiderate of the club not to provide him with pink mittens with flowers on to keep his little pandies warm.

Shame on Arsenal.

Seriously, the sooner he leaves the better as he was Wengers biggest mistake ever when you consider the money that has been spent on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hopefully Pepe isn't a dud because we're saddled with him for a while given the instalment plan.

I did hope he could be our Mane but right now he looks like another Gervinho. Actually, even Gervinho at the start didn't look as rubbish as Pepe does right now...
    it is shocking how bad Pepe was... I hope its just a confidence thing as opposed to an ability thing. Maybe a goal will set him off like crazy. Or when laca returns he will just be bench warming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I've just realised.

Where was fairycake last night ?

Was it too wet for him ?

Its inconsiderate of the club not to provide him with pink mittens with flowers on to keep his little pandies warm.

Shame on Arsenal.

Seriously, the sooner he leaves the better as he was Wengers biggest mistake ever when you consider the money that has been spent on him.
    Can’t believe how much money we’re pissing away with him.

Just terminate his contract and be done with it already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Can’t believe how much money we’re pissing away with him.

Just terminate his contract and be done with it already.
    i'm not necessarily disagreeing although i do think we need to look at the extent to which Emery is doing the small-time bully act and picking on Ozil to show who's boss - just like he did with Neymar at PSG

Ozil was very good in the Forest game and enjoyed playing with that younger side - it was his best game for a long time. he understandably looked really pissed off when subbed.

whatever we think of Ozil you need to contrast Emery's blanket defence of anything Xhaka does with his public humiliation of Ozil by saying he's not up to playing in certain games etc.

Another manager would i'm sure have found another way to deal with it, and the more i see of Emery i think he has to take some of the blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would go with the Emery thing don’t think he can handle big name players at PSG they won the league in spite of him not because of him.