User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    seriously Letters give it up - i'll say it again shall i - we had to get rid of Wenger to reintroduce the concept of a manager paying for failure - so now if Emery fails we don't leave it ten years before getting rid of him

understand now???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously Letters give it up - i'll say it again shall i - we had to get rid of Wenger to reintroduce the concept of a manager paying for failure - so now if Emery fails we don't leave it ten years before getting rid of him

understand now???
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Don't worry, have a think and you'll get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Completely irrelevant to my point. Don't worry, have a think and you'll get it
    oh come on, fundamentally you're trying to say that if people are criticising Emery that means that they were wrong to argue for Wenger to go - as said elsewhere it wasn't us that chose the replacement and the club got it wrong but the good news is we won't have the same ridiculous situation as under Wenger when we saw decline season after season and no sign that the club would make a change

that alone was worth making the change for, whether Emery is any good or not, so having Emery is therefore better than having Wenger for the reason that we can get rid of him...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh come on, fundamentally you're trying to say that if people are criticising Emery that means that they were wrong to argue for Wenger to go.
    Nope

Towards the end I was arguing for Wenger to go although I was admittedly a bit late to that party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Nope

Towards the end I was arguing for Wenger to go although I was admittedly a bit late to that party
    You make no point except to pine for Wenger every time people point out Emerys deficiencies. Only you keep connecting the 2.

Emery is a dud. Wenger was a dud 10 years ago
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You make no point except to pine for Wenger every time people point out Emerys deficiencies. Only you keep connecting the 2.
    Oh dear.
    This really isn't difficult to understand but OK, I'll spell it out for the hard of thinking.

If someone thinks that manager 'X' is THE WORST MANAGER IN FOOTBALL and so incompetent that any idiot would do better.

When manager 'Y' takes over it stands to reason that things will improve immediately and clearly, if the someone is correct.

If things don't then maybe the someone was rather over-stating how bad manager X was. So yes, I will keep pointing that out to the someone.

That doesn't mean I think manager X should have stayed in post. We were all on the same page about manager X towards the end but I never bought into the idea that he was so incompetent that literally anyone would immediately and significantly improve things. That hasn't happened, ergo the more extreme views about manager X have been shown to be hyperbole. Pointing that out doesn't mean I'm pining for X.

None of this means it was wrong to remove him or that I want him back. I wanted him removed. Everyone wanted him removed by the end, apart from Ty.

This isn't a hard argument to understand but keep straw-manning the shit out of it if you must

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a legend in your own mind. The issue at hand is Emery and his deficiencies. You keep on dragging up Wenger. No correlation between the two. That is the issue end of.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I still don't understand your point
    Never mind

But yes, I am also disappointed with Emery so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watched some of the United v United game yesterday... my god we missed out on 3 points. Man U are rubbish.

think only 2 players would get into the arsenal side and that's saying something De Gea maybe and Maguire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    watched some of the United v United game yesterday... my god we missed out on 3 points. Man U are rubbish.

think only 2 players would get into the arsenal side and that's saying something De Gea maybe and Maguire.
    Yeah they're shocking, we were lucky to get a point in the end, but then we're nothing special ourselves.