User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He'll get it against Palace and only miss the League Cup game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand why he didn't play, but I think Tierney would have been enough to see us score more than 1 today. Kola has been way more disciplined since knowing Kieran is behind him, but that won't save him.

Thought the first half was fairly disciplined and mature without being amazing going forward but the second half we let the level slip.

Xhaka was solid today so no major issues with him today and Pepe was bright in the first half I thought, but started to lose his way in the second.

Chambers in ensuring he will stay in the team. Very good today again I thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Ozil again...

He has to go in January. It’s just hemorrhaging the club money because it’s quite obvious he has no future here with Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full kit wanker invaded the pitch today apparently.

Shook Pepe’s hand and then did a klinsman in the pelanty area
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cant see how we aren't going to finish top 4. United rubbish be lucky to finish top 10. Spurs imploding. Chelsea doing ok and Leicester are the competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    What is the point of Xhaka? What did he do today?
    absolutely nothing

the captaincy situation was so bad because it means Emery's trapped himself into playing that useless tosser every time, even though it menas we're essentially playing with 10 men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I understand why he didn't play, but I think Tierney would have been enough to see us score more than 1 today. Kola has been way more disciplined since knowing Kieran is behind him, but that won't save him.

Thought the first half was fairly disciplined and mature without being amazing going forward but the second half we let the level slip.

Xhaka was solid today so no major issues with him today and Pepe was bright in the first half I thought, but started to lose his way in the second.

Chambers in ensuring he will stay in the team. Very good today again I thought.
    all correct except the bit about Xhaka - he congtributed nothing, his passes were pointless and he did as usual give the ball away in situations where a better team may have made us pay for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem like we are probably the least shit out of the chasing pack, so that's a positive, I suppose.

Though as we found out last season, we initially got a lot of results without playing particularly well until it caught up with us at the end. Can't see how we won't go through another terrible spell playing the way we are currently. I honestly don't think we've impressed as a team in any league game so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Just cant see how we aren't going to finish top 4. United rubbish be lucky to finish top 10. Spurs imploding. Chelsea doing ok and Leicester are the competition.
    Emery should be sacked and killed if we don't finish top 4. There are at best 2 good teams in the PL this season, possibly only 1. After that everyone is shit and while I include us in that with our squad there's really no excuse for not finishing in the top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another abject performance, we won (just) but again were unconvincing, which is the story of every league game so far this season, as usual Emery sticks with Xhaka, there's no hope there.

Much like last season Emery is scraping wins and in a decent position in the league more due to circumstances then his and his teams performance, Pepe still hasn't settled at all and continues to disappoint (I heard someone mention the reason Lille accepted the offer was because they didn't think he was worth that much when the sold him), it's early days but he does need to show a bit more than he has.

It's sickening to see what Klopp is doing at Liverpool, 2 CL finals in 2 seasons including winning it, challenging for the title every season and probably going to win it this season and brilliant free flowing football and quality players, then you look at Emery, granted it's only his 2nd season, but the lack of progress, direction and style is alarming, as is his inability to spot some of the obvious weak points.

Underwhelming doesn't even begin to describe how it feels.

As for Ozil, he's nowhere to be seen, clearly Emery doesn't want him around.