User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It does seem like we are probably the least shit out of the chasing pack, so that's a positive, I suppose.

Though as we found out last season, we initially got a lot of results without playing particularly well until it caught up with us at the end. Can't see how we won't go through another terrible spell playing the way we are currently. I honestly don't think we've impressed as a team in any league game so far.
    We're scraping wins with average performances, pretty much like last season, we're not putting in any decent performances and although we have some very good players, as a team right we're average and we're just lucky that the teams around us are imploding, the position we're currently in is really flattering us, we don't deserve to be 3rd in the league based on what we've done so far, through circumstances we are.

The lack of progress and lack of any decent performances or any form is shocking to be honest, as is the fact Emery seems very content with what's happening. Can't wait for Lacazette to return, the guy should be our captain, he's a key player for us and is one of those who can score goals out of nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    As for Ozil, he's nowhere to be seen, clearly Emery doesn't want him around.
    Which is fine, but sell him then. Why keep him if you're not going to use him? Personally, I think he adds something. If Emery doesn't agree then fine, but don't have a £300k a week player sitting on the bench or, worse, not even in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Another abject performance, we won (just) but again were unconvincing, which is the story of every league game so far this season, as usual Emery sticks with Xhaka, there's no hope there.

Much like last season Emery is scraping wins and in a decent position in the league more due to circumstances then his and his teams performance, Pepe still hasn't settled at all and continues to disappoint (I heard someone mention the reason Lille accepted the offer was because they didn't think he was worth that much when the sold him), it's early days but he does need to show a bit more than he has.

It's sickening to see what Klopp is doing at Liverpool, 2 CL finals in 2 seasons including winning it, challenging for the title every season and probably going to win it this season and brilliant free flowing football and quality players, then you look at Emery, granted it's only his 2nd season, but the lack of progress, direction and style is alarming, as is his inability to spot some of the obvious weak points.

Underwhelming doesn't even begin to describe how it feels.

As for Ozil, he's nowhere to be seen, clearly Emery doesn't want him around.
    Yep I hear ya Zim.

I find it unbelievable that we are still churning out these sub par performances considering the talent we have at our disposal, especially the attacking talent.

We look no further forward than last season....and what makes it worse is that Emery has invested a fair chunk of money into the offensive side of the team and we still don't look very dynamic.

It's a major worry TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that we look so much better playing in the carabao cup and EL. Our games are fast paced filled with quick movement and an intent to always move forward. However in the PL, we absolutely suck ass! We are lethargic and have no creativity... I am literally just browsing my phone every time we play in the league. Even when we score or conceded a goal, my reaction is "Meh".
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s looking more and more like those europa / carabao performances are in spite of Emery and not because of him. Thought there might be a small chance that it was down to the younger players being more responsive to his methods, but the more I watch us the more I think he’s just getting lucky with a talented group who happen to be perfectly balanced as a team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Full kit wanker invaded the pitch today apparently.

Shook Pepe’s hand and then did a klinsman in the pelanty area
    Half the crowd thought it was Sokratis when he came on. Took about a minute for anybody to notice he didn't belong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Emery should be sacked and killed if we don't finish top 4. There are at best 2 good teams in the PL this season, possibly only 1. After that everyone is shit and while I include us in that with our squad there's really no excuse for not finishing in the top 4.
    Let's not get cariied away, lol City are a formidable team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    all correct except the bit about Xhaka - he congtributed nothing, his passes were pointless and he did as usual give the ball away in situations where a better team may have made us pay for it
    I thought he covered positions really well today even though yes, he gave a few silly fouls and misplaced a few passes. I haven't checked the passing stats but despite the observation, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his passing was in the late 80's percentage wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Half the crowd thought it was Sokratis when he came on. Took about a minute for anybody to notice he didn't belong.
    or was it ozil then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No Ozil again...

He has to go in January. It’s just hemorrhaging the club money because it’s quite obvious he has no future here with Emery.
    For all my criticism of Ozil, Emery has no right alienating him like this when we don't have one decent alternative to him. Emery is playing Torreira there for Christ sake, it's absolutely ridiculous and damaging to the team.